Word of the Day, April 17, 2014, II Corinthians 1:3-7

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, April 17, 2014, II Corinthians 1:3-7

Postby timf » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:38 am

Word of the Day, April 17, 2014

" And all who thirst will thirst no more, And all who search will find what their souls long for, The world will try, but it can never fill, So leave it all behind, and come to the well. ”

[B]2 Corinthians 1:3-7

3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.[/B
]

Do you really believe verse 3? Blessed is used throughout the New Testament of God. It is a term of adoration and praise. He is the Father of mercies, These mercies include everything from deliverance from this world, sin and satan. He is the one that gives us comfort during and after our trials of life. I believe that the trials of our life are to be used to help others through their tough times. If we learned anything from our trial, we should share those blessing and lessons to others.

Have you suffered for Christ. Have you experienced afflictions while serving for the Kingdom of Christ? Christ suffers with you at the same time because we are united with Him. This verse says that as our sufferings increase, so does our consolation with Christ.

Paul had a different view of suffering than most. Trials and discomfort for God’s kingdom is a way God allows us to become more like Jesus, to suffer for the gospel, just as Christ did for the gospel and us. Paul did not glory in suffering, but he knew that suffering for Christ identifies us with Christ and His church. Peter agreed with Paul and wrote in 1 Peter 4:12-13; “ Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as through some strange thing happening unto you: But rejoice inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings: that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.”

I experienced growth during my time at Canaan. My faith grew abundantly. My relationship with Christ became the first not the last in my life. God used my sufferings to shape and mold me into a better Christian. I am able to share my sufferings to many people and to show them what Christ has done with me and for me and my family. Never would have happened without my sufferings. My pride was way to big..... Sufferings produce perseverance, which in turn produces Christian character.

These verses teaches us that not only during our time of suffering, Christ is with us but that we can share our lessons to others that are suffering. Thank you Father God for my sufferings.

“ Father, let your Holy Spirit sing. Let it calm the storm inside of me, As I stand amazed. Lift my hands and say. He is, He was, He always will be. He lives. He loves. He always with me.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality