Word of the Day, April 21, 2014, Matthew 27:54

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, April 21, 2014, Matthew 27:54

Postby timf » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 am

Word of the Day, April 21, 2014

" He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way. He lives, He lives, salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.”

Matthew 27:54

54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

I hope that everyone had a great Resurrection Sunday. I was unable to write on Friday so I will write Friday’s message today. The passage is not clear if they got saved or merely a pagan appreciation of the awesomeness of what just happened in front of them. As a Christian, I love to see when people get who Jesus Christ is. My first Promise Keepers event was so exciting because I saw over 2000 men come to know Christ. I love to see people get saved and decide to choose Christ to be their Messiah and LORD.

I think a lot of us are like the centurion. We need to be tough and strong and this God thing is for weak people. It really is so easy to understand that Christ loves us enough to die to cover our sins. The scene of the cross had convinced the centurion that Jesus Christ was more than just a man.

Why did Jesus have to die? We have all sinned and done things that are wrong. We have all sinned against the commandments and the law from God and if you think you have not, you are a fool. Our sin separates us from God. Separation from God is death. We ourselves can do nothing to become united with God. Only Christ who never sinned or disobey God can bridge the gap between a sinless God and sinful people. This is only one solutions, Christ Jesus. He offered His life for us, dying on the cross in our place. He took all of our sins and wrong doings upon Himself and saving us from the consequences of our sin, including God’s judgment and death.

Jesus took our past, present and future sins upon Himself so that we can have a new life. Because our sins are covered through Christ we can be reconciled to God. Jesus' resurrection from the dead is proof that His sacrifice on the cross was acceptable to God and Christ’s resurrection is the source of new life for those that believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

All we need to do is believe in Christ and we may have our new life. He changed my life. He can change your life to. We just need to accept Him. Like the centurion said after witnessing Christ die on the cross, Truly Jesus is the Son of God.

“ And I hear the voice of many angels sing, worthy is the Lamb. And I hear the cry of every longing heart, worthy is the Lamb."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality