Word of the Day, April 23, 2014, Psalms 30:5

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Word of the Day, April 23, 2014, Psalms 30:5

Postby timf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:16 am

Word of the Day, April 23, 2014

" Hold on my child joy comes in the morning. Weeping only last for the night. Hold on my child Joy comes in the morning. The darkest hour means dawn is just in sigh.”

Psalms 30:5

5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

We may have a hard day filled with anger, weeping, fear and struggles of day to day, but joy does come in the morning. The dark is sin, the light is Christ. As David wrote, LORD you have lifted me up and has not made my foes to rejoice over me. The next verse David said he cried out to the LORD, our God and He has healed him.

We, as David did, need to glorify God, cry to God and ask for preservation. We are to do this on the mountain top or in the pit. When I did this in Canaan, thing changed instantly. I could deal with my life in the pit, I knew that God had my family and I was then able to concentrate on God and getting my relationship right with Him. Best part of my day was the morning. I awoke with peace most days and then spent the whole morning in His word, singing unto the LORD and giving thanks for His holiness. I asked for the LORD’s mercy upon me and that He be my helper. Amazing what you get by asking with a humble heart.

As most of the book of Psalms is, Chapter 30 is a celebration of God’s deliverance. Earthly security is uncertain, but God is always faithful. David had become invincible in his mind, although he knew that his riches and power had come from God, they had gone to his head. I know this personally that wealth, power, fame and success can be intoxicating. This make us feel self reliant, self secure and independent of God. But as David writes and I know, this false security can be easily destroyed.

I learned to depend on God for my security. This needs to be for the little things and the big things in our lives. For over 3 years now, the last thing at night I do is thank God for my life, my day, my blessing and all that he has given me and each morning, I wake up and give Him praise for yesterday and for today also. My joy does come in the morning.

“ The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight. Just in sight

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality