Word of the Day, April 24, 2014, Zechariah 8:17

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, April 24, 2014, Zechariah 8:17

Postby timf » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:07 am

Word of the Day, April 24, 2014

" I'm just a sinner. Saved by grace, when I stood condemned to death, He took my place. Now I live and breathe in freedom with each breath of life I take loved and forgiven backed with a living. I'm just a sinner, Saved by grace.”

Zechariah 8:17

17 And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

Have you ever image evil against someone? Someone that really hurt us or upset us. Do we lie to our neighbors, dishonest business dealings, unbalance scales? Guess what, the word of the LORD saith that HE HATES THESE THINGS. Them are some strong words.

The book of Zechariah is about the issues and struggles of rebuilding the temple and the promise from God and His restoration of the Jews. The prophet was trying to arouse the Jews to rebuild God’s temple. Israel’s history was taking it effects on the people of this time, building the temple for what, it was destroyed, they were under bondage, their fathers had walked away from God so why do this again. However, there where many that still believed the promise of God and turned the curses of their fathers into blessings. When God is not happy with His people, He can cause us to fight among ourselves, businesses fail and even wars. But when God is full of mercy for us, all can be good and blessings flow.

We are to speak to every man the truth, execute judgement of truth and have peace among our neighbors. Ephesians 4:25, “ Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.” Hatred without a cause was alive during the rebuilding of the temple and Jarchi says was the cause of the destruction of it.

We are to hate what God hates. We should love what God loves. We need to work on that daily. Loving thy neighbor can be hard, telling the truth may be hard also, but we need to. We must strive to love of our neighbors and truthful relationships and dealings each and everyday. Start with being nice to someone today. If you think about telling a story, make sure it is full of truth. If you sell something, make sure you are fair and honest and deliver what you promised. I say this often, we need to rest, listen and obey. That applies to our life and our day to day moments and we need to think about our next move and we need to put Christ first in all that we do.

“ Can He, could He, would He, did He. Can He, could He, would He, yes, He can, He could, He would, and He did. Can He (can He save me), could He (could He love me), would He (would He take me), did He (did He really). Can He, could He, would He, yes, He can, He could, He would, and He did.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality