Word of the Day, April 25, 2014, Proverbs 24:24-26

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, April 25, 2014, Proverbs 24:24-26

Postby timf » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:15 am

Word of the Day, April 25, 2014

" Well I wanna go back, back to the Bible, I wanna see old, old time revival, I wanna see people kneel at an old time altar to pray, I wanna see more camp meeting salvation, I wanna see saints, saints headed for Heaven, I wanna go back, back to the old time Christian way.”

Proverbs 24:24-26

24 He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:

25 But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

26 Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer.

First let me say this, Thank you Father God for even knowing my name. Praise ye the LORD. We so often talk about not being to be able to judge someone but the Bible is clear that we can with a loving heart rebuke someone that is sinning or doing wrong.

John 7:24: Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Romans 12:9: Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil: cleave to that which is good.

I never liked it when someone told me I was wrong. It is easier for me now, but at times I resort back to me old prideful days. Flattery does nothing good for our sin. Palliation of our sin is wrong, from ourselves or people that don’t address our sin to us. People will loathe us for our uncorrected sin.

We often think that we shall bend the true or what we know is wrong not to offend a friend or hurt someone. What I found out, is one that speaks the true to me is a true friend and brother in Christ. The Proverbs speaks to me and tells me that to be entrusted with the truth, even at the risk of offending my brother, represents a gesture of high honor.

May I make a suggestion to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, get an Accountability partner. Some one that you can trust and come together with agreement that was is talked about stays between you and them. Remember though, it goes both ways. You need to share everything and hold each other accountable. Trust me, this is one of the best things I have done since walking into Canaan and since being home. I am a partner in two of them with men that I respect, cherish their friendship and love them as Christ loves us. We speak weekly and get together every other week. Nothing like the fellowship and discussing what is happening in our day to day life and our struggles. We reach out often during the week just to encourage each other too. Prayers fly back and forth daily for each other. What a blessing!

I highly recommend finding an Accountability Partner soon. What a blessing to each other and keeps us both closer to our walk with the LORD. Enjoy your weekend, get to a good bible church, praise Him, thank Him and live for HIm. For those of you that don’t go to church often but went last week for Easter, go again this week and make it a priority in your life to get to church weekly and fellowship with other believers and learn about Christ’s gift of salvation.

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality