Word of the Day, May 15, 2014, 1 Timothy 1:15

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, May 15, 2014, 1 Timothy 1:15

Postby timf » Thu May 15, 2014 5:27 am

Word of the Day, May 15, 2014

" It's all God's children singing. Glory, glory, hallelujah, He reigns. He reigns. It's all God's children singing. Glory, glory, hallelujah, He reigns. He reigns ”

1 Timothy 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

I read this verse in Canaan early during my stay and finally understood it. I am a sinner and that Christ came to this world to save sinners. Paul humbled himself as he often did when he preached or wrote letters to the early churches. Paul is a great example of how we are to be after salvation. I was truly ignorant of my sin. I was thinking I was a good guy because I helped a lot of people, made donations to people, churches and organizations in need and was willing to help when I could. I was not willing to give it all though, just what did not hurt to much. Guess what, I was still a sinner.

Last night at church we had a graduation ceremony from our North Star Bible Institute. One of the young man that graduated after 4 long years of studying the Word of God gave a testimony. He came from a prison cell to graduating with a degree of Theology. Guess where he wants to focus his ministry? Prison Ministries. Only Christ can change a person like that. Many ministers, pastors, evangelists, missionaries came from the pits of their lives, alcohol, drugs, infidelity and prison cells. God got ahold of them during their trials, their low points in their lives and changed them for His kingdom building.

When I became rooted in Christ, my life changed. When I was rooted in His word, my life changed. There is only one way to change, Jesus Christ. Seek Him today!

“ Change my heart, oh God, make it ever true. Change my heart, oh God. May I be like you. You are the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me. This is what I pray.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality