Word of the Day, May 16, 2014, I John 2:16-17

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, May 16, 2014, I John 2:16-17

Postby timf » Fri May 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Word of the Day, May 16, 2014

" Let faith arise. Let faith arise. I lift my hands to believe again. You are my refuge, You are my strength. As I pour out my heart, these things I remember. You are faithful, God, forever ”

1 John 2:16-17

116 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

I know what this verse means to me. These 3 things mentioned are pure sin that takes over our lives. I used to live in that world and try hard each and everyday not to live in the world today, but in the Word of God daily. I have seen lust destroy people, families, friendships and more. That lust can be sexually, desire for things that we do not need but feel that we must have. Hunting, fishing, soccer, golf, shopping, food, drugs and alcohol, sexually sins, always being number one or the best, always having to win and our attitude towards what we think is more important, me. I watch pride destroy my own life and other peoples because of our pride. It is so worldly for us to want what the world has to offer. We want to be free to choose whatever feel good.

I met with one of our pastors today and he said something that was profound but very simple. Pride and sin both have I in them. Pride is about I, I, I, I and I... Sin is also about I, I, I, and me. Not of the Father, it is of this world. “ Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”

2 Timothy 3:2 says what pride is: “ For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, “ We are so filled with pride when we think we aren’t. It is hard to humble when we are proud or prideful. Proverbs 29:23 states the truth: “ A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.”

All of this earthy lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, the pride of life will pass away, but if we turn ourself and all of our pride and sin over to God, the will of God shall abideth for ever. If you are struggling with pride today, get on your knees and truly give it to Him and see the peace and the change that can come from Him. Trust Him and have complete and true faith in Him. I said this yesterday, Seek Him today.....

Get to a good Bible preaching church this Sunday and praise him with song, worship and listen to the vessel that God is choosing to bring His message to you. Let the Holy Spirit work in you and change your life. Trust Him, he can change us, he did me!

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality