Word of the Day, May 19, 2014, Jude 20-25

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, May 19, 2014, Jude 20-25

Postby timf » Mon May 19, 2014 5:35 am

Word of the Day, May 19, 2014

" Decisions must be made and now I have a choice, I need your wisdom LORD. I need to hear your voice. I'm facing challenges and the walls are closing in. I'm crying out to you, my one true, faithful friend. "

Jude 20-25

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

I believe that the these verses are about the duties of a Christian. We are to edify our God and be full of pray in the Holy Ghost. We are not to just pull back from what is wrong ( as he speaks in earlier verses) but to build up what is right. We can do this by clinging to God in prayer.

Jude tells us our role is being kept in God's love. Looking for the coming of Jesus Christ again for eternal life. We are to bring people to Christ to save them from God's judgement. We do this through compassion and kindness like Christ did for us. We are to hate sin, but we must witness to and still love the sinner. As Christians, we often look to the unbelievers, not matter how successful people of the world are and we think they are ok, but they arer lost and we need to witness and influence them to Christ and don't allow them to influence us to sin.

I can't wait for my new body. To finally be sinless and perfect standing face to face before Christ. (I'm not sure I will be standing though) I can't even image that day when I am face to face with my Saviour, Jesus Christ my LORD and Messiah.

Only God can keep us from falling and He promises us that if we remain faithful, He will bring us into His presence in Heaven and give us everlasting life and joy. We must place our personal trust in Christ, faith in only Him. God promises restoration and eternal life. Seek the salvation of Christ, experience God's majesty and His sovereignty. Experience the power of God and the eternal life with Him today. Seek Him today. Hear my prayer oh LORD. I need you in my life, please lead me to your light. Show me the way. I need you.....

" Hear my prayer oh LORD. I need you in my life. I cry to you, oh, LORD. Please lead me to the light. Show me the way, oh LORD and cleanse me from my sin. I need you. I need you once again. I need you. I need you once again."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality