Word of the Day, May 22, 2014, John 13:34-35

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, May 22, 2014, John 13:34-35

Postby timf » Thu May 22, 2014 5:13 am

Word of the Day, May 22, 2014

" We will work with each other, we will work side by side, We will work with each other, we will work side by side, and we’ll guard each one’s dignity and save each one’s pride. ”

John 13:34-35

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Sorry I was unable to write the Word of the Day yesterday. I was traveling for work in God’s country. I went up to Indian Lake New York through the Adirondack Mountains. It is such a blessing to see God’s creation.

Last night at church, Pastor Grace preach from John 13 from his series on the Book of John. Read the chapter if you get sometime today or this weekend. While Christ was in the upper room with His disciples, after dinner, he got up and washed the feet of His followers. What a act of humility that we should follow with our fellow brothers in Christ.

As he speaks to the disciple about the lesson of serving your brothers by washing their feet He gives them a new commandment, “ that ye love one another; as I have loved you...” Let me translate this for you, this means that we are to love our brother and sisters as Christ loved us. Simple, right? So many of us seem to forget this when we backstab, talk about them, thinking we are better than them and by not reaching out and helping those in need and loving our church family as Christ did. Jesus commanded us to do this.

I witness this during my time at Canaan. My brothers and sisters in Christ reached out and loved my wife, girls and myself like I have never been loved before. They laid aside their thoughts and opinions and just loved us up.

A card, a dinner, helping them for their needs, praying for them daily and just being there for them during their trial. Show them the love of God through you. They are blessed by your love and most of the times, you are also blessed through this action of God’s love. Let God use you as a vessel of His message of love to our brothers and sisters of God’s kingdom.

Have you heard non-believers say, what kind of a Christian are you when you don’t help people in need? When you talk about each other by behind their backs. When we judge and not love the sinner. We need to walk the walk and talk the talk of Christ’s love and to follow His commandment. People will know we are Christians by our love for one another. Reach out today and love one of your fellow brothers or sisters in need. It is really easy and you will also be following Jesus’ commandment for us.

“ And they’ll know we are Christians by our love, by our love. Yes, they’ll know we are Christians by our love. “

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality