Word of the Day, May 23, 2014, Proverbs 23:12

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, May 23, 2014, Proverbs 23:12

Postby timf » Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 am

Word of the Day, May 23, 2014

" Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation. Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, and this be our motto: "In God is our trust." And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave. O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave! ”

Proverbs 23:12

12 Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.

Why are we such fools in our lives? Why do we chose the wrong path so often and not the narrow path to God. The instruction and knowledge comes only from the Word of God. As I have become closer to the LORD, I get more upset when I do something wrong. I ask myself why, after I have done something stupid.

Knowledge refers to those that have knowledge and know how to live right for God and speak the truth about God. This is hard to do everyday, it takes discipline and determination on our part. It is hard to live God’s ways in today’s culture always pulling at us to become worldly and not heavenly. God promises to protect and reward those that make that commitment to follow Him and not the world.

I have asked this myself and heard many people ask it also, Why does that person seem to have a perfect life and they are not believers? Guess what, in the long run or the end of their lives they have still not decided to follow Jesus, their lives will be worth nothing. We can not expect lasting success if we resist God.

So to finish up today, simple message here, put the Book of God in your heart and apply to your life and understand His instruction, knowledge and wisdom that can only come from our Father God.

Happy Memorial Day to you and your family. Remember the men and women that gave all for this great country and our freedoms. I HAVE always like this quote about our military men and women, ” ALL GIVE SOME, SOME GIVE ALL.” Enjoy the first summer weekend and get to a Bible preaching church and give God all the praise and worship that you can. Sing loud, pray faithful and apply the message you hear this weekend to your daily life.

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality