Word of the Day, May 28, 2014, Acts 17:21-24

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, May 28, 2014, Acts 17:21-24

Postby timf » Wed May 28, 2014 5:34 am

Word of the Day, May 28, 2014

" Today I found myself, After searching all these years and the man that I saw, he wasn't at all who I thought he'd be. I was lost when you found me here, and I was broken beyond repair. Then you came along and you sang your song over me. It feels like I'm born again. It feels like I'm living. For the very first time, for the very first time. In my life! ”

Acts 17:21-24

21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Do we believe in Friday the 13, Horoscopes, Black cat running across the road in front of you is bad, palm readers or are you to superstitious? Do we sit around and try to think of something that is new other than God? I will be a bit bold here, when I hear other Christians say they read their Horoscope or that they are a Cancer, Libra or Aquarius and I truly wonder what they believe, superstitions or God. Paul would tell us that we are too superstitious.

Do we have unknown gods? Do we depend on gods to supply our spiritual needs? Do we look to something other than the one true God to fill us up? Martin Luther said,” Superstition, idolatry and hypocrisy have ample wages, but the truth goes begging.” He also said “ That every sin is first a sin of idolatry.” The first commandment states plainly, “ Thou shall have no other God before me. “

Paul gave a sermon to the people of Athens a top of the rock called Mars Hill and said that God made the world and all things therein. For in Him we live and move and having one being. We are His offspring. We ought not to think that the Godhead is like gold, silver or a stone graven by art or a man’s device. Paul continued to preach that God now commandeth all of us to repent. God has anointed a day of were God will judge the world in righteousness through Christ and the assurance of the resurrection of Christ.

After all of this, some mocked and some believed and wanted to hear more. Which one are we, the mockers or the believers. Do we believe that because we are a Cancer and Libra and that is why we should get married or did you pray for God to find the right person that God wants us to be together for the rest of our lives. Do we believe in superstitions or the blood of Jesus Christ. I choose Christ. How about you?

“ We believe in God the Father. We believe in Jesus Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit and He's given us new life. We believe in the Crucifixion. We believe that He conquered death. We believe in the resurrection and He's coming back again. We believe.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, May 28, 2014, Acts 17:21-24

Postby timf » Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 am

I thank all of you that read this daily. Wondering if any of you have any thoughts or testomonies that you would like to share. It would be a blessing to hear from you and how God has changed your life or is using you to share the gospel with the world.

Tim
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality