Word of the Day, June 2, 2014, Psalms 86:10-13

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, June 2, 2014, Psalms 86:10-13

Postby timf » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 am

Word of the Day, June 2, 2014

" With every breath that I breathe, I will praise You. With every song that I sing I will praise You. You are my God and my King, There's no one greater. For You are Lord... of all. Yes, You are Lord... of all."

Psalm 86:10-13

10 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.

11 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.

13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Do we really understand God's greatness? Do we look to Him for His greatness or is He just God to us? As my pastor has been saying in his messages for the last 4 or 5 weeks, do we each and every morning wake up and put our feet on the floor and just start praising God, thanking Him for all that he has done for us or tell Him how we are going to serve Him today?

I have been at the point were you turn to God or you walk away. You ask Him to teach you or you tell him you know it all or can do it on your own. You decide to fear God or not fear Him. When I made my decision to let Him teach me, I became wiser, when I decided to read His words of truth, I understood better and when I learned to fear Him, my life was changed.

May 21, 2012 I decided to say Good Morning Father God everyday with thanksgiving, praise and a servant heart each and every morning. Watch a simple thing that changed my life. " I will praise Thee every morning O LORD my God with all my heart." What a way to start your day glorifying thy name evermore. Hallelujah! With my whole heart I give God Almighty praise each morning, Praise ye the LORD.

As I started out this Word of the Day about really knowing and understanding God. Do we really understand the mercy that God has towards us? Do we truly realize that we deserve hell? Give Him thanks for His mercy upon us filthy sinners.

The theme of the chapter is about devoted trust in times of deep troubles. Sometimes our trouble and pain is so great that all we can do is cry out to God for help and protection. Even when there is no relief in sights, all we can do is acknowledge the greatness of God and wait for His better days for us ahead. We must have faith in the answer of prayer and be able to sustain this faith in such difficult times. No matter were you are in your walk with Christ, or in a pit or atop of the mountain, we can always seek more awareness (daily) and obedience to Him.

Teach me thy way O LORD. Let's start by every morning speaking to Him first before we do anything else and see how you day goes as you follow through on your praise, thanksgiving and promised servant heart for His kingdom. Then, the next step is to do it all over again before you close your eyes at night. Thank You Father God for today.

" Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him in the morning. Praise Him in the noon time. Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him when the sun goes down."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality