Word of the Day, June 3, 2014, Psalms 37:7-9

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, June 3, 2014, Psalms 37:7-9

Postby timf » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:05 am

Word of the Day, June 3, 2014

" You're my hope. You're the light I still see it. Your hands are holding me even when I don't believe. Oh, I've got to believe, I've got to believe. I still have hope. You are my hope. "

Psalms 37:7-9

7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Rest in the LORD, Listen unto the LORD and Obey the LORD. Is this what we do when we have trials or the wicked are winning for the time being. David had faith that the wicked prosperity will be short-lived. Do we have the same faith? The wicked will be cut off and the righteous shall inherit the earth.

If you read all of chapter 37, you will see that David speaks of a simple formula for achieving peace and comfort in the face of the wicked's prosperity or the effects on your life by the wicked. He states to fret not, neither be thou envious, do good, trust, delight thyself in the LORD, forsake wrath, commit thy way, rest, cease from anger, wait patiently and again we are told 3 different times to fret not. These verses of exhortations urge us the believers to completely trust the LORD for all of our life's problems.

David finished the psalm with a affirmation of faith and trust in the unchanging character of God. " And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them, he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him." This is God's promise to us if we just believe and trust in Him. Believe it or not, there is a contrast between the wicked and the righteous. We need to do right.

Taking things into our own hands, being angry, filled with rage and losing our temper are very destructive emotions. Do you know what this reveals to me? A lack of faith that God loves us and is in control and not us! When ever I dwelled on my problems in the past, I became anxious and angry, but if we concentrate on God and His goodness, we will find peace. Where is our attention focused on today? The wicked, self or on God and having faith that the " evildoers shall be cut off, but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth."

" Where ever you go. Where ever you are, I just want to be there with you. I just want to be closer to you. I just want to be closer, I am yours. You can have all of me, anything, everything. I just want to be even closer."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality