Word of the Day, June 9, 2014, Romans 2:1-3

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, June 9, 2014, Romans 2:1-3

Postby timf » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:09 am

Word of the Day, June 9, 2014

" Yes, I am almighty God your father. The risen son of man. The healer of the broken and when you cry I am your savior and redeemer. Who bore the sins of man. The author and perfecter. Beginning and the end, I am."

Romans 2:1-3

1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Do we realize that our sin is inexcusable? Do we realize that we sin too? Yes we all sin. We may choose to call it something else, but we all do sin. It can be a lie, a look, a desire for something, stealing time from your place of work or even murder. However, commit one, we have committed them all. James states it clearly: " For whosoever shall keep the whole law: and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of the all."

I was always quick to judge until I was the one being judge because of own personal trial. Many of my brothers and sisters in Christ loved me and my family no matter what they thought about me, many friends and family loved us too. But a lot of Christians and friends or so I thought they were Christians and friends judged and pointed their fingers at me. Remember, when we point, we have 3 fingers pointing back at ourselves.

Now, I thank God for that experience and the lessons that he showed me because I am now able to show and use those lessons of wisdom for other people that make mistakes that effect their lives and families. But I want to say this though, big mistakes (as we as human's consider big or small) can change your life forever, but so cant a little mistake or that first mistake. A little lie, a first drink or drug, that first look, that first stealing of a pen or time from work. Does not seem like much right? But in God's eyes, it is no different than murder. Are you mad at a brother or sister in Christ that did something wrong? The Bible says that if we hate our brother, we are a murderer.

Ok, did I make my point that we are all sinners, guilty of all sin in God's eyes. So stop judging other people. When we condemn other, we are also condemning ourselves. Many of us have done the same thing as the person we are condemning. We might not think so, because we did it in a smaller version or only did it once. Remember what the book that we believe in says, we have committed one, we have committed them all. We need to stop being self righteous moralist. We need to live the concept of loving the sinner and hating the sin. Let's learn from Jesus directly, " So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, he that is without sin among you let him first cast the first stone at her."

Whenever we find ourselves feeling justifiably angry about someone else's sin, we should be careful. We need to speak out against sin, but it must be done in the spirit of humility. I believe that often we take notice of other sins because they are the same ones that are rooted in us also. We need to pull the beam out of our eyes before we try to pull the molt out of our brothers eye.

As Paul's letter was read to the Roman's, I am sure many of them were nodding their heads in agreement, rising their hands and yelling out " Amen " when he was condemning the idol worshippers, homosexual practices, adultery and violence against people. I bet the church got quit when he turned on them as said that they are just as bad and they have no excuse. Paul was letting the Romans know that they have all sinned repeatedly and that there is only one way to be saved from sin's consequences and that is through Christ Jesus. We need to start first with our own sin before we start throwing the rocks at others. Not much has changed in 2000 years.

" Through the vallies and the deserts, in the flood and in the flame, I have found my comforts right within your hands. So wherever you may take me, I wont fear where I must go, cause I know your still there when I call and you lift me up when I fall."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality