Word of the Day, June 10, 2014, Genesis 12:2-3

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, June 10, 2014, Genesis 12:2-3

Postby timf » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:26 am

Word of the Day, June 10, 2014

" God of mercy sweet love of mine. I have surrendered to Your design. May this offering stretch across the skies and these Hallelujahs be multiplied.”

Genesis 12:2-3

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

God did not take long to show us His way. He told Abram, get out of thy country to the land I will show you. He promised him a great nation and told Abram that He would bless him and make his name great and that Abram shall be a blessing to others. God told Abram that He will bless them that bless others and curse him that curseth thee.

God promised Abram to bless him and to make him famous. But there was one condition, Abram had to do what God wanted him to do. First God asked him to leave his family and homeland and then to travel to a land that God promised him a great nation. Do we understand how this all came about? Abram listen to God!

God bless Abram and those blessing have been passed on to us. How did we get blessed from Abram, through his family tree, Jesus Christ was born to cover the sins of humanity. Though Christ, people can have a personal relationship with God and be blessed beyond measures.

Do we share our blessing with other? Either by telling how God is so good to us and by sharing what He has given to us with the needy, the hurt, the lost, our neighbor or our brother and sisters in Christ. God wants us to tell everyone about Him and the more He blesses us, the more He wants us to give in His name.

Luke 6:38 says this: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

“Give then to man, what thou designest to receive of God. This is a quote from John Wesley. We can not out give God. Do we desire to love people, give them our gifts, talents, money, time, even till it hurts us. God is willing to do that for us. Jesus said in Luke 12, “...for unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required.” The more we are blessed by God, the more he expects from us. We are blessed to be a blessing. Today, start with thanking our Father God for all the blessing He has given and start blessing others with the blessing that He has given unto us.

“ Just to know You and to make You known. We lift Your name on High. Shine like the sun make darkness run and hide. We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives. It's time for us to more than just survive. We were made to thrive.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality