Word of the Day, June 11, 2014, Romans 3:10-18

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, June 11, 2014, Romans 3:10-18

Postby timf » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:01 am

Word of the Day, June 11, 2014

" Our God is greater, our God is stronger. God You are higher than any other. Our God is Healer, awesome and power, Our God, Our God....”

Roman 3:10-18

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Going to do some Bible reading today. Some of us don’t spend time in the Word as we should. So today, I will share with you some verses to read. Maybe you could read the chapters of the verses that I used for today’s Word of the Day.

Paul writes to the Romans and quotes scripture to prove our universal guilt. Scripture, not Paul or any man, is the judge. Paul is quoting Isaiah 59:7-8: “ Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths. The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.”

Another Scripture that he quotes in his letter to the Romans is Psalm 5:9; “ For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.” He keeps going with the word of God with Psalm 10:7; “ His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity. “

There is more scripture to back his writings to the Romans, Psalm 14:1-3; “ The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.” Paul again uses Old Testament Scripture to explain what he is writing with Psalm 140:3; They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders poison is under their lips.”

Paul tells us that their is universal sin and guilt. Dullness, prayerlessness and godlessness is abundant in us. We are wanderers, estranged from God and our sin is not profitable for the kingdom. Depravity, evil speech, cursing, evil ways, murder, sin misery and malice become the norm in our lives. The farther we get away from God, pray and His word daily, the worst we become.

I believe Paul uses these Old Testaments verses to show that as he writes to the Romans, that sin is still unacceptable before God, even as Paul speaks and still even today. We often say to ourselves, I’m not that bad, I am a pretty good person. Really, read these verses and see if any of them apply to ourselves. We all are sinners, No not one is righteous. We must not deny that we are a sinner, but instead allow our desperate self to be looking towards Christ. Get on our knees and into His word each and ever day.

I’ll finish with this, last night at men’s prayer night, a man of God lead a dissertation about how we should have the desire to be become holy and supplication to Christ. We need to request or petition to Christ our Saviour to become holy and cleansed. We must have a desire to be holy, to become more holy each day as we move closer in our relationship with Christ. The best way to approach supplication is to ask our Father God in all honestly like a child coming to their father, their daddy, cleanse me, make me whole for you, but ending with Your will be done, surrendering completely to His will.

Ok, one more verse for your reading today. Paul writes in II Corinthians 7, verse 1, “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”

“ Who breaks the power of sin and darkness. Whose love is mighty and so much stronger. The King of glory, the King above all Kings.

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality