Word of the Day, June 12, 2014, Hebrews 4:14-16

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, June 12, 2014, Hebrews 4:14-16

Postby timf » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:36 am

Word of the Day, June 12, 2014

" I want to be Your hands and feet. I want to live a life that leads. To see You set the captive free. Until the whole world hears and I pray the day will see more of You and less of me. Lord, I want my life to be the song You sing."

Hebrews 4:14-16

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need

Do we believe that we have a high priest, a great one? Jesus now makes intercessions in the Holy of Holies in the presence of God, with the virtue of His own blood. Pray and reach out to Him today.

Verse 15 speaks that Jesus is like us because he experience many temptations throughout His life as a man. I am comforted knowing that Jesus faced temptation, he can surely sympathize with us and overcame them. I am encouraged knowing that Jesus face temptation without giving into sin. This shows me that we do not have to sin when we are facing the temptation in front of us. We will not always be perfect, but we can strive to be like Christ was, a perfect sinless man.

Do we go BOLDY unto the Throne of Grace? We need to show reverence because He is our King. We can also have bold assurance because He is our Friend and Counselor. Are you meek with you head hung low when you ask for your needs from God? Do we pray flippantly and giving no thought to what we are saying to our Father God? Or do we go boldly to the Throne asking for God's mercies?

As we read about Christ's temptations, we must notice that He did not rely on His attributes, but on the Word of God to resist the temptations of Satan. Matthew 4:7, " Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the LORD thy God." Jesus then finishes up with Satan by using the Word of God again, Matthew 4:10, " Get thee hence, Satan, for it is written, Thou shalt worship The LORD Thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve."

We need to rely not on our own attributes, but on Jesus Christ, our LORD and Saviour and the Word of God each and every moment of the day. Christ, please lead me and not let me try to lead myself. You are my High Priest and I am yours!

" I want to be Your hands and feet. I want to live a life that leads. To see You set the captive free. Until the whole world hears, and I pray the day will see. More of You and less of me. Lord, I want my life to be the song You sing."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality