Word of the Day, July 3, 2014, Colossians 3:14-17

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, July 3, 2014, Colossians 3:14-17

Postby timf » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:06 am

Word of the Day, July 3, 2014

" God of mercy, Sweet love of mine. I have surrendered to your design may this offering stretch across the sky. And these hallelujahs be multiplied."

Colossians 3:14-17
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Charity is to be above kindness, the bowels of mercies, humbleness of the mind, meekness, longsuffering, forbearing one another and forgiving one another. As we are developing these virtues, Christians, we must be forbearing and forgiving towards our fellow church members. Remember, we are all in the process of acquiring these virtues listed in Verse 12 (please read verse 12 today) some of us are still retaining some of these flaws, deficiencies and weakness. Hence, the need for forbearing and forgiveness.

Charity is love, described here in verse 14 as the bond of perfectness. Love is the crowning grace that combines and bonds all these virtues. With out love, we could not complete the virtues that we are asked to do. We have to remove self, pride, greed, feeling of disappointments and we must be willing to have charity among our family of believers. Love is required for perfectness or spiritual maturity. Charity, love, bonds all the virtues together in harmony and unity.

Does the peace of God rule your heart for our fellow believers? The peace of God is the harmony created by God among His people. The words that comes to me is, One Accord. Harmony and peace among our brothers and sisters. To me, it is really simple, if we are following God's words and let His peace rule in our hearts, why should there be any discord or strife in the church. If we can not get it right in our own house, how do we expect to share what God has done for us to the world. This might be one of the reason that churches membership is falling...

When Christians are being forbearing, forgiving and filled with charity for others then the church becomes fertile soil for winning souls and the blessings produced by the word of Christ. Sing spiritual songs, hymns and to read and teach psalms to admonishing one and another. Have you every gone to church in a rotten mode and after a song or two, you are changed, praising and worshipping our God. We need to stop and listen to the words sung (make sure they are biblical) and how they can change you to be right for worshipping and the message.

This is very important verse to me, " whatsoever I do in word or deed, do all in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." This is to control all aspects of my Christian life. Not only in my public, but also my private worshiping. It is easy to be a Christian when everybody is looking, but when you are alone, we need to be filled with forgiveness for one another, forbearing each other and the most important thing is Charity above all the other virtues He need to have a heart for our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Today we need to " abideth in faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is Charity."

" There is no other one. Who's given a greater love. Laying aside his own life on the cross. Reaching out to us. When my hope starts fading out. You are where my strength is found. I know I won't be alone. My God, You are a beautiful love."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality