Word of the Day, July 8, 2014, Isaiah 38:17-20

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, July 8, 2014, Isaiah 38:17-20

Postby timf » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:59 am

Word of the Day, July 8, 2014

" You are the everlasting God . The everlasting God. You do not faint You won't grow weary. You're the defender of the weak. You comfort those in need. You lift us up on wings like eagles.”

Isaiah 38:17-20

17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

18 For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

19 The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.

20 The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD.

Chapter 38 is about Hezekiah’s life being lengthened and his thanksgiving to God. Hezekiah was dying and he prayed and the LORD heard his prayers. The LORD spoke through the prophet Isaiah and told him to say this to Hezekiah: “ Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.” I will keep it simple for today, the power of prayer...

The writing of Hezekiah is a song of deliverance. I know this song too. I know the power of my own prayer and others that pray for me also. I had bitterness from my pit called Canaan, but after asking for forgiveness for all my sins, God casted ALL my sins behind my back that bitterness was gone and I was able to move forward with my much needed “ timeout ” with the LORD.. If we are in a desperate need, we need to bring it to God. He may change the course of our life also.

The grave can not praise thee might be about the blessedness of the the future life for those who trust in Jesus Christ. The dead can not praise God. Hezekiah knew that God had just extended his life and he wanted to praise Him. He recognized the good that came from his bitter times, his time in the pit and he wants to sing the songs of God all the days of his life in the House of the LORD. I cant sing well but I love to sing praises to my God!

I think that Hezekiah also realized that we are to share the joy of the LORD from person to person, from generation to generations. People of the past have shared their faith to us by giving us example of God’s word and the changes in their life. Will we sing all the days about God, first in the House of the LORD and second outside the doors the rest of the week. We need to share our excitement with God being in our lives to other people. Today, share with someone your faith in Jesus Christ our LORD and Saviour.

“ This is my resurrection song. This is my hallelujah come. This is why it's to You I run.“

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, July 8, 2014, Isaiah 38:17-20

Postby Small Block » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:09 pm

Tim, read Psalms 41 and then you can relate back to my recent bursted aneurism. Good stuff you're postin.
Small Block
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, July 8, 2014, Isaiah 38:17-20

Postby timf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:58 am

I agree ! Glad to hear this chapter got your through your trial. God is so Awesome.

Thanks for reading the Word of the Day!

Tim
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality