Duck Hunting Forum banner

Word of the Day, July 9, 2014, II Timothy 2:15-19

639 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  timf 
#1 ·
Word of the Day, July 9, 2014

" You are God alone. From before time began. You were on Your throne. Your are God alone and right now. In the good times and bad, You are on Your throne. You are God alone."

II Timothy 2:15-19

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity

As Paul sits in prison in Rome writing this letter to Timothy and the leaders of the churches in his area, he commands to them to study, meaning to give diligence and to be zealous in their minds, will and emotions. Paul tells them to rightly dividing the word of truth and to correctly interpret the Word of GOD.

I have experience profane and vain babblings because I have done it myself. Why do we fight over such simple and silly fact and not follow the doctrines of the Word. Bickering can destroy a church or a relationship among fellow Christians. Hymenaeus and Philetus were false teachers that denied the literal resurrection of Christ. Remember, Paul delivered Hymenaeus to Satan. We need to study GOD's words ourselves to help us from following false teachers.

Do we believe what everybody says about the Word of GOD or do we read the bible ourselves? Since becoming a Christian when I was young, I have believed the Bible both spiritual and literal. I always believed what my pastor said. However, during my " timeout " with the LORD, I spent most of my day studying, researching, asking questions, fellowshipping with other belivers and absorbing as much as I could and confirming what my Pastors have said.

When you read your Bible, do you take time to read the words in the side columns or the study information at the bottom of the page? I am going to quote what is a study note in my Bible because it says exactly what I want to say. " As we study the Word of GOD, we should apply both the spiritual and literal principles of interpretation. The spiritual principles include prayer, cleansing and the illumination by the Holy Spirit. The principle of literally understand Scripture is to interpret it according to the mind of the author, it's historical background, the context of the passage and the basic rules of grammar. If we desire the Will of GOD in our lives, we must daily and often interrupt GOD's word according to it's true meaning."

" Nevertheless, foundation of GOD standeth sure " refers to the permanence of the church, which was built on the foundation of the apostles and " having this seal " guarantees the security of the body of Jesus Christ.

I will ask you these question today, Do you read the Word of GOD daily? Do you believe it spiritually and literally? As the song below states, do we believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit, the new life that can only come from Christ, the Crucifixion, Christ conquering death, the resurrection and that Christ is coming back again? The real question for today is. Do you believe that Jonah was in a whale for 3 days and that Noah was in the ship for along time with all those animals? I believe!

" We believe in God the Father. We believe in Jesus Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit and He's given us new life. We believe in the Crucifixion. We believe that He conquered death. We believe in the resurrection and He's coming back again. We believe."

Timothy Furness

See less See more
#2 ·
Guys,

If I can say anything to encourge any of you is to make sure you start and or finish your day in GOD's words. Start small and build up. One of the best things that happen to me each and every day is the inspiration from GOD's words!

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.