Word of the Day, July 10, 2014, Psalm 119:10-11

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, July 10, 2014, Psalm 119:10-11

Postby timf » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 am

Word of the Day, July 10, 2014

" Savior, He can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save. Forever, Author of salvation. He rose and conquered the grave."

[B]Psalm 119:10-11

10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.[/B
]

If you read yesterday's Word of the Day, you know that I talked about reading more of the Bible. I hope that happens for all of us. I would like to talk about applying the Word to our life and to store the Word in our heart. Hiding or storing God's Word in our heart is a great deterrent to sin.

My daughter came down while I was talking with a good friend and she had a small Bible that she found in her dresser and asked me where she should put this, and my friend and I both said, in your heart! This is so true. If we walk with the Word, we are more likely not to sin. We should try to memorize God's Scripture. But memorization alone will not keep us from sin, we must apply God's Word to our lives making it our guide or manual for everything we do.

As I learn the Word, I think about it during my day and try to remember as I have to make a choice as what to do. Is what I am about to do sin? What would Jesus do? How do I show Christ in me? Am I loving my neighbor? Am I following the Word of God or am I the Pope of my own religion? This was never my though process before, but is now! Trust me, I still fail many times, but it is less and less as my study of God's Word is placed in my heart.

If we plan to seek God with our whole heart, then we need to hide His Word in our heart that we might not sin against thee. The most important word there in might. It takes just a little dirt in our heart to give sin a place to grow. So let's fill our heart with the Scriptures today. Study them, apply them, memorize them, believe them and share them. However, in order to do this we must read them. Get into the Scriptures again today.

" All You've ever wanted was my heart. Freedom's arms are open, my chains have all been broken. Relentless love has called me from the start and all You wanted was my heart."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality