Word of the Day, July 11, 2014, Psalm 91:2

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, July 11, 2014, Psalm 91:2

Postby timf » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:10 am

Word of the Day, July 11, 2014

" A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing; Our helper he amid the flood of mortal ills prevaling. For still our ancient foe doth seek to work us woe; his craft and power are great, and armed with cruel hate, on earth is not his equal.”

Psalm 91:2

2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

I have been all week talking about reading your Bible daily and gaining wisdom, knowledge and understanding and to place His words in our heart.

I received an email from a sister in a trial and a call from a brother in a trial and the verses that came to my mind were Psalm 91:2 and Proverbs 3: 5-7. Both of them are speaking of trusting in the LORD and not on ourselves. As David writes during his trials that the LORD is his refuge, his fortress and he places his trust in Him. God is our security.

This verse is a voice of the LORD assuring the faithful of God’s protection. The second voice is that the LORD Himself pledges His watch and care over us. God is a refuge when we are afraid. David believed that God would carry him through his times of trouble. This is trusting in the LORD. This should be our picture of trusting in the LORD too.

We need to trade all of our fears for our faith in Him, not in ourselves. This we must do no matter how much fear we have. We must dwell and abide with our Father God. We must trust God completely.

So today, I want to say to my sister and brother in Christ, as I pray for you that you will look to the words that I know that is in your hearts. “ In him will I trust “ and “ Trust in the LORD with all thy heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding. In ALL thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.” God is by our side, in the dead of night or in the brightness of the day. Let His loving hands hold you.

Get to a Bible preaching church this weekend and hear the Word that I have been encouraging you to read this week. Give Him all the praise and glory and please try to carry it with you during the week after we leave church on Sunday.

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality