Word of the Day, July 21, 2014, Mark 11:22-24

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, July 21, 2014, Mark 11:22-24

Postby timf » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:26 am

Word of the Day, July 21, 2014

" You are the Rock On which I stand. By Your grace it is well . My hope is sure In Christ my savior. It is well with my soul."

Mark 11:22-24

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

I want to thank all of you that prayed for me as I traveled last week in Atlanta, for safety while driving, my families safety while I was away, a successful business trip and to keep me away from sin. What a blessing to have people praying for you. Just so that you know, these prayers were all answered.

Jesus answered Peter's question about the the dried up fig tree and said unto him, " Have faith in God." I always wonder why the disciples often had questions for Jesus about their own beliefs in God when they were standing right next to Him each and everyday for 3 years. They needed to have faith, just as we need to today.

Do we believe that God answers our prayers? Boldly I say, I DO! The mountains in my life have been removed and cast into the sea. I have prayed so many times and ask for answered prayer and God in His way and His timeframe answered them.

A quick example, I had to hire someone in the southeast part of the US and before I started I prayed for wisdom and guidance and for a person that was a believer. 400 plus resumes, hundred plus emails, hundreds of phone calls and then I had it narrowed down to 6 people. Then suddenly, my boss changed the plan and decided to hire a rep firm instead of an employee. Spent another month plus looking for a rep firm that could handle all of the states we needed. I continued in prayer to find a Christian firm or at least a Christian owner that could help spread the Word of God. So we signed a company and I went to train them last week. At lunch and dinner, the owner boldly said, Let's pray! He prayed from his heart, asking God for the words and wisdom to help us win souls, to be the light and keep us all away from the darkness. I said thank you Father God. At dinner we discussed our beliefs in Christ and guess what, everyone at the table is a believer also. Amen, Amen!

I must confess, I would have never even prayed for God to put His hand into this decision to hire someone in the past. However, during my " timeout " with the LORD at Canaan, I finally made the choice to believe in the power of pray. I watched it work and it built my faith stronger each day in God.

These verse are about the withered fig tree that Jesus cursed after being hungry and saw this fig tree afar off with leaves, but when He got there, it had no fruit. He said, " No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever." As they pass it again and Peter ask Jesus about the tree, it gives Christ an opportunity to expound concerning our faith, our prayer life and about forgiveness.

Jesus using the mountains being moved into the seas seems impossible but Jesus wanted us to understand that God can do the impossible. We often pray for selfish desires and motives and not for the kingdom of God to increase through us. First of all we must be believers, second we must not hold a grudge against another person. Third, we must not pray for selfish needs and the fourth thing is that our prayers must be for the good of God's kingdom. We need to pray effectively. We need faith in God and not in the object of our prayers.

Remember, Jesus prayed with God's interest in mind. We can pray for our desires or needs but we should want His will above ours. Spend time in prayer today and ask God how we can help increase His kingdom.

" All to Jesus I surrender, All to You I freely give. I will ever love and trust You. In Your presence I will live."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality