Word of the Day, July 22, 2014, II Corinthians 3:11

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, July 22, 2014, II Corinthians 3:11

Postby timf » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 am

Word of the Day, July 22, 2014

" Just you wait and see and you will be amazed. You've just got to believe the story is so far from over. So hold on to every promise God has made to us and watch this glorious unfolding."

II Corinthians 3:11

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

If you will bear with me for a few words, I want to take this verse and explain it a different way and then come back to what Paul was speaking about to the church of Corinth.

AWESOME, a word that should be reserved to only describe God. What God has done away with was glorious. However stop and think about the promises of God, this surely will be " much more that which remaineth is glorious." When ever I hear or read God's promises in our lives, it brings tears to my eyes. We are so unworthy of His mercy and grace.

I want to quote Steven Curtis Chapman's song, " Glorious Unfolding." " God's plan from the start for this world and your heart has been to show His glory and His grace. Forever revealing the depth and the beauty of His unfailing Love and the story has only begun. We were made to run through fields of forever, Singing songs to our Savior and King. So let us remember this life we're living. Is just the beginning of the beginning."

WOW, what a glorious unfolding that God promises His people. I have seen how God has worked in my life and wait with an open heart for how HE can use me to glorify His kingdom and the day that I get to my final home with Him in heaven. " Just watch and see. This is just the beginning of the beginning of God's glorious unfolding."

Paul speaks of the stone tablets on which God had written the Old Covenant, His commandments. He identified the law, which did lead to death, although nonetheless was glorious because it was God's plan in the lives of His people. That what was glorious on a stone is nowhere near the glory that comes from the Holy Spirit.

Genesis 1:2 states that the Holy Ghost was present at the creation of the world. The Holy Ghost is the power behind the rebirth of every Christian life. By the power of the Holy Ghost, we will be transformed into Christ's perfect likeness when He returns. We need to thank God for what is yet to come, the best, the glorious unfolding.

" Into Your word, we're digging deep to know our Father's heart. Into the world, we're reaching out to show them who You are. Joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable. Love unstoppable, anything is possible."

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality