Duck Hunting Forum banner

Word of the Day, November 20, 2014, Proverbs 17:15

467 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  timf 
#1 ·
Word of the Day, November 20, 2014

" From the creation to the cross, there from the cross into eternity. Your grace finds me. Yes, Your grace finds me."

Proverbs 17:15

15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

As I have said many times that I read a chapter of Proverbs everyday. A book filled with so much wisdom, knowledge and understanding of GOD's Words and how to apply them to our daily life. Solomon wrote Proverbs with a purpose to clearly show the readers how to live wisely and skillfully. He compares the ways of wisdom and the way of the folly.

As I read each day I have noticed that are 14 types of people or actions that GOD hates. We need to understand and let these guidelines of what we are and not to do or be and allow them to guide us.

Proverbs 3:31-32 speaks of envy and those that oppress people or that are evil to people.

Proverbs 6:16-19 tells us seven sins the LORD hates and is an abomination unto Him. Haughtiness, lying, murdering, scheming, eagerness to do wrong, a false witness and stirring up discord.

Proverbs 12:22 shares with us again that lying lips are an abomination to the LORD. GOD hates people being untruthful.

Proverbs 15:8-9 explains that the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, but the prayer of the upright is His delight. Verse 9 tells us about the ways of the wicked.

Proverbs 15:26 is in regards to evil plans, our thoughts of evil against someone else.

Proverbs 16:5 tells us about a sin that we are all guilty of. Those who are proud and filled with pride.

Proverbs 17:15 describes those who judge unjustly against the just and agrees with the wicked.

I think that if we really search ourselves, that most of us could say that we have done most and if not all of these things that GOD hates. All right, most of us have not committed murder yet. We need to seek GOD's mercy if we have any of these feelings or we actually take action against people.

One of my lessons I learn with my time out with the LORD in Canaan was to really search myself. I would read these verses in the past and say that was not me. Guess what, it was. I asked myself these questions and realized that GOD hated my sins that I was committing, not someone else was committing but me. These verses were about me and that is all I need to worry about, was myself and my sin. I was violent at times in my life, I was prideful, I had lied, I enjoyed my sinful ways, I had stirred up discord among people by talked about them behind there back. I was guilty of being untruthful, I agreed with the thoughts and ways of the wicked, I even made plans to get back at people that I though treated me wrong or unfairly and I certainly judge people unjustly.

It was such a cleansing experience to finally give all my sins to GOD and to receive His mercy. I encourage you to stop, search yourself, admit you sins, ask GOD for His mercy and forgiveness. We need to finally Rest with GOD's peace, Listen to GOD's words and Obey His commandments. Thank you Father GOD for even knowing my name.

" If you could see what I once was. If you could go with me, back to where I started from then I know you would see a miracle of love that took me in it's sweet embrace and made me what I am today. Just an old sinner... saved by grace."

Timothy Furness

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.