A prayer fro me

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

A prayer fro me

Postby jumping jasper » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:17 pm

My daughter would have turned 18 yesterday. I miss her so much. She got into a little trouble and thought her only way out was to take her own life. Teenagers don’t always think straight and can act impulsive. She was not a depressed child and loved very very much.
Here is a picture of our fishing trip last summer and one her at the Washington fish market.

Thank you, lord for giving me the strength and courage to go on. Help me continue to look for and find the positives in such a tragic event. I am amazed by the love and support that have come from you through other people. Take care of my baby girl. I am sure she has you laughing and smiling.

Jeff
jumping jasper
hunter

Postby badandy970 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:50 pm

My prayers go out to ya, I don't know what I would do my little girl is so special to me. She is my best friend and my hunting buddy. All I can tell you is that everything happens for a reason. I am sorry for the loss, she looked so full of life in the pictures. I hope that is how you remember her, and that you stay strong and keep on going. I am sure that she is up there looking down with all the love for her great father. Keeping a close watch over you. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk to someone.

Andy
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Kiskadinna » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:12 pm

My prayers for you and your family. Thanks for sharing your daughter's story - an important reminder of what we may well mean to our loved ones.
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby AWOTIS » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:01 am

my prayers are with you and your family.
HAVE FUN TAKE A KID WITH YOU
AWOTIS
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:35 pm

My prayers go out to you Brother, sorry to hear of your loss. Feel free to PM me if you need to share whats on your heart, or if you need more prayers, Don.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby bayouboy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:06 am

That's rough. My dad committed suicide less than five months ago. we were best friends. for me i have to take it day by day. somedays are better than others. it's great that you've stayed close to God and it gives me hope to see someone else go through a similar situation and have a positive outlook.
bayouboy
hunter

Postby DiscoDuck » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:49 am

No words can truly say how sorry I am for you. Take comfort in your faith, and know that our hearts and prayers are with you.
Chad
DiscoDuck
DiscoDuck
hunter

Postby jumping jasper » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Thanks everyone. My wife, 20 year old other daughter and I have all decided that Tania would want us to be happy and continue to live our lifes. It is hard at times and we could not do it alone, so thanks again.

My faith, family, friends, hunting and fishing allow me to wake up each day.
jumping jasper
hunter

Postby thaner » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:20 pm

I lost both my Mother and only sibling my younger brother suddenly. Those losses were hard and I can't imagine loosing one of my kids. All I know is the Lord will give you the strength to get through. He promises not to put you through anything you can't endure if you fully rely on him. Through time I have seen glimpses of the Lord's plan and a little bit of the why of the hard things in life and when I see the good that can come from the bad in life it gives me some peace and encouragement. Often this comes in the form of your being able to help or comfort another because of your own experience and suffering.

I have just been reading 1 Peter 4 and in particular verses 12-13 really jumped out at me. It is all about suffering.

“12Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.”

There is no doubt in my mind that it is the hardships of life that grow my relationship with God, cause me to become more fully reliant on him. These things also cause me to desired the thing of this world less and to desire the return of the Lord and the glory of an eternity that follows this life for those who believe in him. If this life was all good times I am afraid I would have little time or desire for the things of God.

I will pray that you and your family find peace and in time healing. Also that your relationship with God will grow deeper and he will show you a glimpse of his plan and the purpose as an encouragement.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality