controversial question

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: controversial question

Postby HonkQuackBang » Tue May 15, 2012 6:16 pm

pork4life wrote:
HonkQuackBang wrote:God wont accept the last repentance of a scoundrel!

When you meet St Peter at the gate and if you are lucky to get that far he will find something to blame you and he will tell you to"" Get outta here with that & take it down below!

I'm pretty sure that isn't how it goes.

So how does it go? Have you died and come back "born again?"
HonkQuackBang
hunter

Postby pork4life » Tue May 15, 2012 6:37 pm

HonkQuackBang wrote:
pork4life wrote:

When you meet St Peter at the gate and if you are lucky to get that far he will find something to blame you and he will tell you to"" Get outta here with that & take it down below!

I'm pretty sure that isn't how it goes.

So how does it go? Have you died and come back "born again?"

Just think that from going to church every Sunday
Rick Hall wrote:If you look close, you'll see "momma" has a pecker.
pork4life
hunter

controversial question

Postby Coleman24 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:33 pm

I believe a lot have answered, but try not living a sinful life and thinking you'll ask for forgiveness later. Try and live a more Christian lifestyle. I think keys to e saved are spreading the word, and not being ashamed to spread it either!
Coleman24
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Are you God or something? No one is without sin. By that statement, we're all going to hell.

Yes, you can live a sinful life and be saved. You must repent though. There is a difference between asking forgiveness and repenting though. Repenting requires a WANT to change. When you repent, you try to change. Sure, you may mess up again, but it requires an effort of change and a broken heart.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat May 19, 2012 7:39 am

Good post Preach. I agree with you :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby simplepeddler » Sat May 19, 2012 9:12 am

Must disclose I did not read all responses.

I believe God's grace is suffecient any time, any place, any circumstance.........with a sinner's sincere heart.
You can't go around poking everything that is available to be poked, KNOWING you are sinning and expect a last minute reprieve.
This is not man's law we are dealing with it, it's God's law. There are no lawyer's arguing a technicality to get you out of punishment. These is your heart and your free will that enters.

We must as sinners, in my view, strive to be "one percenters". One percent better today than yesterday, one percent better tomorrow than today.

I prefer to "eat" these complicated elephants one bite at a time.

Growing up Catholic myself, I was lulled into believing that confession would let me off the hook till the next confession.
After maturing in spirituality you come to realize that "religion" is one thing.....but a relationship with Christ is quite the other.

The God I serve is all knowing and all powerful in grace and forgiveness......if and only if I seek him everyday.....or one percent at a time.
simplepeddler
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:39 am

I would like to hear an example of "accidental sin".

I accidently took your pen?
I accidently screwed your wife...I thought she was mine?
I accidently killed you?
I accidently lied?
I accidently said the Lord's name in vain?
I accidently took your truck because my key fits and we both have the same model?

Accidental sin? I don't get it.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby fullcontact86 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:06 am

Romans 10: 9 states that " If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved". Thats all i need. I dont have to confess my sins to a man in a booth who is jsut as much a sinner as i am. I dont have to keep asking to be saved, but i do asked for my sins to be forgiven. I just have to make that commitment one time and once my name was written in the Lambs Book of Life it will always be there.
fullcontact86
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:10 pm

I guess an accidental sin could be by a kid who didn't know better? But then it would just be a "behavior" or an "action" that YOU deemed a sin because you knew better.
Like a kid liking something at a store that he took, but you didn't notice until you got home.
YOU knew he "stole" it, he just thinks (truly thinks) that he picked up something he liked
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re:

Postby WildDuckman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 pm

[quote="Trois_beaux_canards"]That is a controversial question, so I will try...then I won't look back so if you look to address a response to me forget it...

Raised a Christian, I was always taught to believe that your sins are and will be forgiven. Jesus died that so that you may be forgiven. We are humans, we are capable of failure...and we see to it that at least once in our own lives we will fail to live up to God's expectations for us, and will undoubtedly be a siner at some point in our lives. Some by mistake, others choice. If you accept the Lord Jesus into your hearts you shall be forgiven, so it is written. The most murderous, selfish person on his deathbed...may ask Jesus into his heart, and he shall be forgiven.

To err is to be human, to be human is to fail, to fail oftentimes is to sin. we are not immune to it, some just do better than others.

The mere attempt you could make to rid yourself of sin, ought to be enough...but I am not the one who makes the call. You are fallible, man is fallible...just don't willfully sin becuase you know you will be forgiven.

my .02[/quo

Do we just tear this verse out of our bibles??? Faith alone won’t do it my friend..... Jesus had John the Baptist; baptize him to show the multitude of people that in order to go to heaven you have to be baptized!!!

Acts 2:38 (ESV)
38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

John 3:5-6
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 8 35-39
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby Small Block » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 pm

blazer, if you're still around let me assist you in finding the truth. Many here have posted some good stuff of which some is truth. Others the bible will contradict. You need to put your nose in the bible and check it out. "Study to show thyself approved, rightly dividing the word of truth". Take no ones word on the issue. See for yourself. Consider this if you will. Most come to Christ out of fear of being cast into a lake of fire and serve him out of this fear. Dont do that. Let me make it real easy for ya. I serve God out of AWE. Do you know who he is? I can see Roy D. Mercer now stand in front of God and asking "How biga old boy are you?" He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. He is the creator of all and the saviour of far too few. Our choice. Look outside either day or night. The Governor of your state didn't make those trees, or the stars. God did. He knows the number of hairs not only on your head but on every head of every person that has lived, is living and ever will live. WOW, if that aint heavy then neither is lead. He has the grains of sand numbered on every beach on all planets. In scripture one writes that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. I've got news for ya. He owns the cattle on every hill and can do with them at his pleasure. Here's another AWE for you to consider. When you ask Christ into your heart and accepted him as your saviour you then became "joint heirs with Jesus Christ for what ever God has for his son". That means you have the same opportunity to approach the throne of grace as Jesus does and can ask God for anything that you need or desire. He said he WILL give us the desires of our hearts knowing that if we are in right standing with him then our desires will line up with the word of God. In answer to your question, You cannot knowingly sin day in and day out and be in right standings with your saviour. He makes this very clear that if continued on that path he WILL turn you over to a reprobate mind. Read Romans chapter 1. This is an awesome God i serve. Imagine some day at the sound of a trumpet he will make graves explode open and the dead in Christ shall rise first to meet him inthe air. No one else can do that. "Who But God" WOW.
Small Block
Small Block
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:16 am

One is not saved just by repenting their sins but you must believe and accept Jesus into your heart and life. I also believe that if you willingly sin all of your life and then out of fear of not being accepted into Heaven on your death bed you confess your sins and allow Christ into your life you may still be rejected from Heaven as you must accept the Father , Son , and Holy Ghost and believe in them as the Trinity along with trying to live the way of the Lords teachings. And sitting in church does you no good if you have no faith in the Lord and try to follow his path.

Raised a Baptist and still a Baptist married to a Catholic that did not sit well with some in the church including the Pastor so I don't go to Church very often but do try and follow the way of the Lord.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby ebitzan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 pm

blazer68 wrote:I do go to church, I am a Catholic and I go when I can. my question is can you live a sinful life and still be saved? Like look at the stories in the bible where Christ himself said " NOW SIN NO MORE" do you think that applies to modern day man.

Yes i would say so...
You ain't gonna hit nothin unless you got steel in the air
"If it runs on water, It DIES!" ~ Tool-Man
Coot shooting pro-staff
Mallerd killing pro-staff
Kazoo blowing pro-staff
Skybusting pro-staff
Barrel sticker pro-staff
ebitzan
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby cthemfly25 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:11 pm

ksfowler166 wrote:What do you think the sacrament of Reconciliation is for? :huh:

+1. Get with the program Blazer. :smile: PM me if you have particular questions about your Faith. Develop a prayer life routinely. Attend Mass maybe a couple times a week. Consider daily scripture or readings such as the Magnificat or pray the Rosary. Live your wonderful Faith without compromise seeking always His mercy. Don't go to Mass "when I can" but choose to go with joy, to be with Him, reconciled to receive the Eucharist. Be a bold Catholic, not lukewarm. We can do this together in prayer.

Every sinner has a future, every saint a past... St Augustine.
cthemfly25
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:36 am

To the OP, I look at it like this: Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden for sin, they were put outside the gate and couldn't come back in. Later down the road God's love for them was too much and God couldn't take being away from them so he had them sacrifice a lamb. God gave them a lamb and it paid the price for their sin. This continues on and on throughout the bible until Christ. God loved us, all of us so much that instead of us having to come to Him(through the preverbial gate) He came outside the gate to come get us. Christ paid the price of all of our sins so that we could be reunited with God. That is how great the love that God has for us is. When Christ looked for his chosen deisciples, he didn't take the pure, he took the down-troddened, poor, sinful people that were looked down upon. This was to show us that no matter what, if you seek Him and accept Him than you'll be saved and cleansed of your sins. Do not over think the situation or you will start to alienate yourself from God. Adam did the same thing as he was shameful and tried to hide from God before he was ever judged. Because of this natural alienization that we have, God came after us in Christ to bring us back. If ya'll need anymore on this subject or anything shoot me a pm. May God bless ya'll if willing and may His will be done.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby Welshman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:06 pm

our sin doesn't go away. The penalty of the sin, death, has been dealt with but the sin itself will be viewed by the light as we stand before HIM and all our works are shown. Do you really think sin has been done away with? No I find myself in sin from time to time. Sin is alive and well. It is the penalty that Yeshua has taking from us.

Do you think the law has been done away with? What law are you talking about? Torah, Hebrew meaning Instructions...first 5 books of your Bible...or the oral law of Moshe...or the law of Man's Traditions...man's traditions He spoke against. Let's see...Torah...In the beginning was G-d, the Word was with G-d, the Word was G-d. John 1:1 The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14 When Yeshua walked the earth..dwelt among us...He was the living Word. Back then the only WORD there was was the Torah...G-d's word, not Moshe's, G-d's. There were also the Prophet's...again G-d's Word brought forth. and the writings..Palms, Ruth and the such...inspired writings. There was no New Convent yet...He had to die first...that was the sign.

Yeshua paid the price of sin through His grace and mercy. Each time He helped someone and showed grace and mercy He also told them, to sin no more...if it was done away with why would he need to remind them...us...to sin no more? Only the penalty has been done away with. The Torah shows us what HE wants us to do, how to do it, and how to have a life filled with joy and delight.
Y Cymro Gwehyddu
Welshman
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:46 pm

As was said before....to paraphrase
Confess with your lips His name, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, and you shall be saved.

But you will continue to sin because we live still in our flesh, and not yet in the spiritual body to come.
So do we willfully sin counting on continual forgiveness?

There is a very good reason the redeemed Christian strives to fight against sin, forgiven as he may be.
It seems the Cross was a sort of time machine, drawing the total weight of every sin past, present, and future and laying it on the one it bore.
Ponder all the wars, and murders, the holocausts, the betrayals, beatings, thefts, adulteries, every unkind hurtful word or thought, and ten thousand other things men would pay a price for had there been no cross.
It wasn't the scourging that Christ suffered, it wasn't even the crucifiction, but the weight of the world's guilt that caused him to sweat blood, and finally be crushed under a horror that none of us can even begin to imagine.
No man has ever suffered an agony, either physical or spiritual, like that which was placed on the Son of Man in those hours of the Cross.
Now, do you really want that man's wife, his treasure, his life?
Do you really want to add to that horror Christ suffered while He died to save you?
What you do now, tomorrow....consider that scene two thousand years ago, His eye fixed on you, and go ahead then, stretch out your hand and do those things.... if you will?
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby Norsky » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:23 pm

In Genesis we were separated from God by sin. Revelation is how Jesus is coming back to save sinners like me. We are all sinners who do evil. That is why God sent Jesus. When we accept that we are evil doers we know we need Jesus. Jesus is the only one to redeem you of your sin. John 14:6 If you think you do not have evil in you read Mark 7:20 or Colossians 3:5.
Norsky
hunter

Postby tubbalowski » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:56 pm

blazer68 wrote:I do go to church, I am a Catholic and I go when I can. my question is can you live a sinful life and still be saved? Like look at the stories in the bible where Christ himself said " NOW SIN NO MORE" do you think that applies to modern day man.

Nah. No good.
tubbalowski
hunter

Previous

Return to Faith-Spirituality