so my dad is becoming an ordained minister!!!!!!

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

so my dad is becoming an ordained minister!!!!!!

Postby MOSSBERG935 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 pm

This is a big problem for me. He is the most hateful and racist human being on earth. For instance the other day my wife and i were visiting my great grandfather that is on his death bed. my mom and dad were there. we have been visiting for a few hours. when we get ready to leave my dad hugs my wife, pinches her fat and says when you gonna start working on this?

this made my wife furious and didn't set well with me either.

prior to this in the fall of 2006 we spoke to my dad about saying the "n" word....we told him to not say it around us, because we do not want our children (when we have children) knowing hatered. I want my children to make their own oppinions and not those that a racist has taught them. well that conversation ended in my wife and parents not speaking for a whole year. they were just getting comfortable around each other then my dad goes and says this bull about my wife's fat. any way...i need guidence!!!!!!!

FYI...i do believe in God and i have given my life to him, but i do not believe my father has the heart that it takes to be a preacher....other people will be looking up to him.
MOSSBERG935
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 pm

Don't know what to tell you on that one other than pray about it. Whatever God wants is what's going to happen. Maybe he'll have a change of heart, you never know.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 870 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Let me start by saying. It sounds like your dad needs to find Jesus. A true Christian doesn’t hate anyone and we are to be uplifting. Sure he can go through seminary, pass all his classes, but that won’t bring an anointing to his ministry, if he’s not born again. You said you were a believer, what you need to do is pray that the Lord shuts the door on him and puts a stop to it. A good senior pastor will see through him in short order. You need to pray for his salvation most of all. Without Christ as Lord of his life, there is little chance of him changing for the better, and there will be no chance of him going to heaven.

When I became a Christian my dad stopped talking to me, he wanted nothing to do with me. To me that was ok because I didn’t want anything to do with him as well. He was a great guy to the world, but he stunk as a husband and father. Before his death I would tell my brother I would only go back to his funeral just to wiz on his grave. It would be safe to say I hated the man, but God started to do a work in me and before long I came to a place of forgiveness. I understood he was lost and all the things he did to my mother, brother and me, well,,, were a result of that dead spiritual state. My dads died unsaved, pray that your dad gets saved before it’s to late. Take care brother, God bless. :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby MOSSBERG935 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:27 pm

thanks for your help...i will pray. i will pray a lot.
MOSSBERG935
hunter

priests

Postby gracenjohn » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:47 pm

hmmmmm. Where to begin? This strikes close to home for me as my wife is currently a seminary student.

It sounds at first glance like you and your wife have set some healthy boundaries with your folks. It is up to them whether or not they choose to listen to you. It is up to YOU to decide if you will follow through. Sounds like you and your wife have done the right thing for you.

As far as your father's career choice, there are always those who are trying throw the fleece over the eyes of others. Maybe he is a worthless piece of crap who will try to use his position of power over others and take advantage of them. If it is that kind of power trip, it will be obvious to fresh sets of eyes when he goes to a new church and I don't think he will last long.

I think that of all the gifts God has given us, our brain and ability to discern right from wrong is the greatest (I know, I know, LOVE is listed first, but this is just my opinion) and you have to do that for yourself and your family. What is he going to say to his new congregation when they ask where his family is, and do you care what he says?

Hope this helps and peace be with you.

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality