DIVORCE AND REMARIAGE

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

DIVORCE AND REMARIAGE

Postby sonofaduckhunter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Gentlemen,

this was somewhat covered on another post,but I would like your opinion.

1-YOUR OPINION OF WHAT GROUNDS God CONSIDERS FOR A BIBLICAL DIVORCE?WHAT HE ACCEPTS?

2- IS THERE ANY CIRCUMSTANCE THAT God ALLOWS FOR REMARIAGE WITH OUT IT BEING SIN?

I AM NOT WANTING A DEBATE.I AM LOOKING FOR BIBLICAL TRUTH. NOT WHAT SOME CHURCHES MIGHT IGNORE OR TOLERATE SO THEY ARE
NOT TO OFFEND THIER MONEY PEOPLE.I JUST WANT THE TRUTH.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND KNOWLEDGE.

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:25 pm

Rough question. I just got back from vacation and I'll work on an answer for you the best I can.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HotDog » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:57 am

Divorce is acceptable only in the case of adultery.
I believe the 'non-sinner' is allowed to remarry, although I think that I read somewhere that some churches do not forgive either spouse and will not marry anyone that has previously divorced.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:00 am

HotDog wrote:Divorce is acceptable only in the case of adultery.
I believe the 'non-sinner' is allowed to remarry, although I think that I read somewhere that some churches do not forgive either spouse and will not marry anyone that has previously divorced.

That's about what I was going to say, just wanted to find some scripture to back it up. Check out these verses:

Deuteronomy 24: 1-4
Matthew 5: 32
Matthew 19: 1-12

That's a few I found for you. Stating that anything other than marital unfaithfulness is adultry. Unless the divorce is for adultry then it is wrong to divorce, people should work their problems out. That's where dating comes in. Date someone enough to where you KNOW you want to spend your life with him/her. Some people that went to my church awhile back got a divorce from their spouses to marry each other. They were basically told what they did was wrong, and they didn't like it so they left our church.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby badandy970 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:28 am

What about if you divorce and remarry the same person?????
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sonofaduckhunter » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:34 pm

PREACER AND DOG,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT IT IS APPRECIATED.
sonofaduckhunter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:52 pm

badandy970 wrote:What about if you divorce and remarry the same person?????

Wouldn't that be the same or on the lines as working out your problems.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:22 am

badandy970 wrote:What about if you divorce and remarry the same person?????

That depends. If you divorce her, she remarries another man and either gets devorced again or her husband dies, you aren't supposed to remarry according to the Bible. It says this because you caused her to commit adultry. Actually here's the verse:

If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the LORD.
- Deuteronomy 24:1-4

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby pappy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:20 pm

in all things i like to follow the wisdom of Jesus. Jesus was constantly being led into entrapment by his enemies. when confronted by the issue of divorce he said. that moses gave the israelites a way out of a marraige because they were weak.

he went on to say that that the only true grounds honored by God for divorce was marital infidelity. the offending party was excluded from remairage but the the party that was offended was allowed to marry again.

the apostle paul wrote that if a believer is married to non believer and they chose to leave then to let them go and the believing party was free to marry again.

this is my thoughts: if at all possible try to work it out. when you take a vow before God it a binding contract. till death do you part means just that.

i am not trying to be judgemental but if you are sitting on the fence because another potential suitor is waiting in the wings then read what the bible says. God will only recognize one marraige if you are the offending party. Do the right thing. if you leave your spouse for another without cause (infidelity) then you and the person you remarry will be living in sin. Divorce is the plague of the twenty first century. it destroys lives, scars children, and is a large contributor to decay of society in this country.

i suggest a christian marriage conselor. Jesus loves you and i do too.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby sonofaduckhunter » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:37 pm

PAPPY,

I AGREE 100%!

THANK YOU
sonofaduckhunter
hunter

Postby badandy970 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Well said pappy, there was never any infidelity just the military life. Me being gone, was to hard for her. More than anything she needed to grow up a bit.
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gracenjohn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Sorry to hear about that. I recently had a great conversation with a friend that included us talking at length about the "separation" that he and his wife went through. They never did get back together because they didn't have to work things through with each other.

I just found out that the parents of my daughter's friend just filed for divorce. They were in their third year of seminary and I think like someone said earlier, the kids will be forever marked. Unfortunately I think the blame will be placed on their family going to seminary and on the Church.

If you can find someone who shares your love of God and each other, I think you'll be in good shape. Take care.

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby pappy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:21 pm

badandy970 wrote:Well said pappy, there was never any infidelity just the military life. Me being gone, was to hard for her. More than anything she needed to grow up a bit.

sorry to hear about that....if you were in the military and she left because of your service to your country then in my humble opinion she is not worthy to lick your boots. i salute you for your military service. thank you for keeping old fat guys like me safe to hunt ducks another day.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby badandy970 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Well I have never made excuses for her and it took a lot of real hard night of sitting out on the tail gate listening to my hounds run thinking about life. I can definitely see where your spouse being gone 2/3s of the year and having a brand new baby could make you want to go be with your family.

Granted she made some bad decisions, but I felt that I had a place in my heart that she was supposed to fill. Now we have 2 great kids and a marriage that I think most would envy.

In the end I have forgiven her but I will never forget. I think that it will stay in my mind for ever to remind me that I should never take anything forgiven.
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality