Thoughts suggestions & recommendations on scripture

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Thoughts suggestions & recommendations on scripture

Postby Greenhead329 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Ive been lurking around on this part of the site for awhile..and decided to post up.

I know the Lord is in my life so much so I kick my own but and then laugh sometimes...quick example :
the other day was running late due to another person. Had a friend waiting on me at the lake to ski. Well once I was able to leave my friend called and said he forgot the skis as I was pulling out the drive way...everything happens for a reason right :thumbsup:

Right now Im pursuing my career Ive worked so hard for so many years trying to get. However over the past semester Ive had a run of bad luck and am in danger of loosing that dream both through desire and academically. Ive been so stressed out and just unhappy with where Im at Ive considered packing up and going home. I feel like Ive lost my drive.

When I do go home I see Im needed in the field Ive chosen. Ive worked towards my career since I was 15 and never considered any other options, never had a back up plan, just one set minded, and now Im wondering what I might have missed...

One acquaitance from home sees me down here and recognizes Im not myself. My current girlfriend is sometimes a stressor, sometimes shes better than I could ever ask for..We're still dating but shes not happy with the changes in our relationship..

Ive tried an old trick thats worked in the past but isnt working too well for me now. I used to just close my eyes and flip through the bible until I got tired and when I opened my eyes I found something on the page that was useful.....
Whoever says you can't buy happiness has obviously never owned a lab

?Dos Juevos???... Dos Juevos
Greenhead329
hunter

Postby pappy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:21 pm

consider the book of job......

we all have our battles in life. job lost everything in one feld swoop..... he must have been married to a good woman to have stuck with him the way she did. in the end she gave him some bad advice. while he sitting in the ashes of what was once an empire scatching the boils on his body with a broken piece of pottery she said to curse God and die.

job remained faithful and God blessed him with ten times what he once had.

my best advice to you is to give all of your problems to God and leave all of the consequences to him.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:38 pm

He may be having you go through a time of testing, to see how much resolve you have. His word says that He will give you the desires of your heart. What that really means is that He places those desires in our hearts. Don’t get me wrong in times like this it’s great to seek answers in scriptures. The thought comes to mind that instead of Him speaking to you, maybe He wants you to speak to Him. It’s in times like this my prayer is “Lord if this is your will for my life, than open a door for me, let me see clearly what it is you have for me to do”. “Please remove the things that are stopping me from doing it.” He could want to see where your heart is. Trust in the Lord in all of your ways and He will make your paths straight.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:23 pm

Hope these help you out a little bit. I'll look for more iffen you want them. The first one is one of my favorites:

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1 Cor. 9:24-25

I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.

Ecc. 9:11

I went in response to a revelation and set before them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. But I did this privately to those who seemed to be leaders, for fear that I was running or had run my race in vain.

Gal. 2:2
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Heb. 12:1
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality