QUESTION THAT I PONDER

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

QUESTION THAT I PONDER

Postby steelslinger » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:03 pm

I lost my grandmother last Wednesday a week ago, being in the military you lose a lot of time with loved ones. My grandmother lives a long and very fullfilling life, she died at 89 years old. The thing that I ponder is this. My aunt (which was her daughter) and my aunts two daughters were able to sit with her as the end approached. They said and since I was not there to validate this, I can only trust that what they say is true. They said that as she was passing over to the better side that she sat up in her bed and reached out as she was saying, "Mama, and Leslie", (whom was her husband until he died 5 years ago). I was just wondering if anyone here actually believes that when we pass that we are guided to the other side by those that we love that had passed before us and that we can sometimes see them prior to passing? I had the opportunity to talk to the preacher that performed her service and he spoke of streets of gold and never ending lights that helps lead us to the Lord. I don't necessarily believe that there are streets of gold or lights of eternity but I do believe that those that we loved before are there to greet us and make the journey smooth. I know that some people believe in Heaven and Hell, I don't believe that there is a Hell in the sense of fire and brimstone where you burn for eternity but what I do believe is if you lived a riteous life in the eyes of the Lord then you spend eternity around people that you loved and that loved you. IF you didn't not live your life serving God then you have to spend eternity in a place void of love and the people that you loved. Not to stir the pot, what is your take on this?
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:09 pm

i believe what the Bible says. when you die you are judged by God and if you were saved you go to heaven and if you were not you got to hell. and i believe hell is a very real place.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby steelslinger » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Botiz630 wrote:i believe what the Bible says. when you die you are judged by God and if you were saved you go to heaven and if you were not you got to hell. and i believe hell is a very real place.

Would not spending your life without the ability to love be hell in itself?
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:32 pm

well if you didnt not have the capacity to love then you would not know what you were missing out on. like i said, i am a christian and i believe that hell is a real, physical place. im not knocking what you believe, but just sharing my opinion. i think that hell would have to be alot worse than just a place without love like you said. do i think that we are reunited with lost loved ones when we get to heaven? i dont know. i hope so. if they were saved and went there themselves, i guess so. im no Bible scholar, but from what i know we dont keep our physical bodies in heaven. its our spirits that take on a perfect form. im sure we will meet others there, and know them, but not in the same way we did here. cause if we did, we would be able to remember how things were on earth, and you cant do that without sadness, and there is not sadness in heaven.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby steelslinger » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Botiz630 wrote:well if you didnt not have the capacity to love then you would not know what you were missing out on. like i said, i am a christian and i believe that hell is a real, physical place. im not knocking what you believe, but just sharing my opinion. i think that hell would have to be alot worse than just a place without love like you said. do i think that we are reunited with lost loved ones when we get to heaven? i dont know. i hope so. if they were saved and went there themselves, i guess so. im no Bible scholar, but from what i know we dont keep our physical bodies in heaven. [b]its our spirits that take on a perfect form. im sure we will meet others there, and know them, but not in the same way we did here. cause if we did, we would be able to remember how things were on earth, and you cant do that without sadness, and there is not sadness in heaven.

I can see the logic behind that

What do you see as Hell in the physical sense?

Would never knock another for what they believe in, hope I didn't appear to be.

I can also see where they would have to have been saved to be there also.

Can you explain what you mean by the perfect form and what you see as the perfect form explain how you and I am only soliciting youropinion on how we would know them but not in the same way as on earth?

I am also not a bible scholar, can you think of where it says in the bible that there is no sadness and only happiness in Heaven? I think that that would be true but would like to know where to find it.
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Postby fishn » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Steelslinger, first of all, sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. I just said a prayer for you and your family. In regards to your question, I have heard things like what your grandma said before; not me in person hearing it, but a few others telling me about people calling out to those that had gone on before. So maybe so, but I personally think it's then angels that carry someone home when they leave. I suggest you read the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19. It shows that after we leave this life, there is still recognitionof who is who (the rich man recognizes Lazarus), a separation of the saved and the lost and torment for the lost (and I believe this is prior to the final judgement). Then read Revelation 21 to hear about the absence of pain and suffering in Heaven, and how God will wipe every tear. I think this refers to we will forget how it was here on earth, and unfortunately, may forget those who aren't saved as well, sad as that sounds. Hope this helps.
fishn
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Man i wish i had the answers for all your questions. I can just tell you what i believe. I dont have the credentials or know-how to claim that what i say is right, but it is what is right for me.

when you ask what i see in hell as a physical place, i believe it is a place where a soul will go after a person dies if they did not accept Jesus as their savior while living. I dont know where it is or may be or anything about that. I believe it is a place of torment and pain and fire and an eternal break from God and His grace. Mark 9:43 says that unsaved souls will suffer the torment of the fire that shall never be quenched. and they will know that they are not saved because they will not be in heaven.

When i said we will take on a perfect form in heaven, what i meant was that our physical bodies do not go to heaven. our bodies are buried in the ground and stay there and decompose. our souls are what make the trip to be judged by God and either welcomed into heaven or condemned to hell. No one knows what we look like in heaven. there are many different theories and guys who are much more knowledgable than myself have debated that topic for a long time. who knows what we will look like, but i do know it is not the body you have here.

as for meeting people we used to know on earth when we get to heaven, once again it is a subject so far over my head i would drown as soon as i jumped in. but i hope that we will somehow recognize that they were once a loved one. if heaven is supposed to be a place of ultimate happiness, it would only make sense that we would somehow be reunited with lost loved ones who also made it there, right? i dont think that it would be the same type of relationship as what we had on earth though. no matter who you know on earth, there is always something about that relationship that is not perfectly happy. whether it is a wife, mother, best friend, there is always an aspect of that relationship that will make you remember a sad time or a bad time, and there is none of that in heaven.

you asked me where it says there is no sadness or pain or unhappiness in heaven. revelation 21:4 says "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

im sure there are other placed where it is said, that was just the first i found. hope this in some way helps you out. any other questions you have i will try my best to answer, feel free to ask here or PM me.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Do I believe in Hell? Yes. Do I believe we'll be reunited with family in Heaven? Yes. If Heaven is a happy place, being with family while worshiping Father and seeing Jesus is about as good as it can get. My only hope is that there will be an abundance of game to hunt :yes: Anywho, here's some scripture describing Hell:

12But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Matthew 8 :12

This one is kind of rough, it's about judgement and the sort. Read all of the chapter if you want to know how Hell came about:

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:11-13

I'm not trying to attack your beliefs, just trying to give you a few reasons why I believe the way I do. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:42 pm

And prayers sent for you and your family. Sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. It's been a rough week as deaths go. An aunt of a guy at work passed wednesday, and another guy's brother-in-law shot himself on thursday.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AWOTIS » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:51 am

i have heard of people seeing family when they die. i used to work in an old folks home and one lady was very sick after she recovered she said that her husband who had been dead for years had been sitting at her bedside and was waiting to take her heaven.

as to hell being real i belive it is for every good thing their must be a bad thing , sort of the yin and the yang the oriental people belive in...
HAVE FUN TAKE A KID WITH YOU
AWOTIS
hunter

Postby pappy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:05 pm

i believe in the bible.....i believe that every word is true......i believe in heaven......a place of eternal peace and beauty......a place beyond description that is so beautiful that gold a precious metal on earth is used for pavement in heaven. i believe in hell a place of unspeakable torture and torment....a place where the fire is never quinched and the worm never dies.... i believe that i am a sinner and the punishment for those sins is death....then came Jesus....he took my place in sin and conquered death hell and the grave for me......for me.... unworthy .....vile ....repulsive......me.

can i prove it?......no.......why do i belive it?......faith...... our lives are not a random hapening that evolved from some explosion in the cosmos. the same God that wakes up a fat mallard on some pothole in canada and tells him it's time to move south tells us his will through his word and our conscience.

the whole world has gotten so far from the will of God that they are racing to hell as if they they are trying to get the last spot.
slow down there is plenty of room!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are more prayers lifted from hell every minute that have been lifted from earth ever, period. the greatest punishment in hell would have to be separation from God......no hope....none....ever.
while you are alive there is hope even if your life is the most agonizing turmoil. God can straighten it out.....there is hope.believe in Jesus ,repent and turn from your sin.....hope is eternal....hope is relaced with unspeakable joy.

die separated from God and not knowing his son as the redeemer......hope is lost......eternal despair.

Am i trying to scare you into belief? no......(if ithought that would save souls then i would be.) i tell you this in all truth.....i love you my brothers and it is my prayer that none of us would go to hell.

i hope my words do not offend you. they are meant to be sincere as to what i believe and why i believe.

Isaiah trembled in the presence of God. an angel took a coal from the alter to purge the sin from his lips. the hem of God's garment filled the temple. Isaiah was a holy man..... i know that i will bow and tremble before the lord one day because i am sinful and wicked. i thank God for his son whose blood will hide my sins from the father.

i know i ramble too much but today i pray that the spirit of the one true God fills your being with his peace joy and love.

good huntin :thumbsup:
pap
pappy
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality