my name is lucky

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

my name is lucky

Postby pappy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:59 am

i met a guy that is a truck driver. he was witnessing to some of his fellow employees on a logging job. after listening abit i introduced myself and he introduced himself as lucky earl. i thought lucky was a nickname and after we got better aquainted i asked him one day how he got the nickname lucky and he told me that wasn't his nickname but his given name. lucky boyd earl.

i had know idea how much is contained in a name but was about to find out as i had asked him to speak at our mens group at the church.

saturday morning lucky lucky poured his heart and soul into a message that was a living testamony to the abundant mercy and love our God.

when luckys mother was carrying him in the womb she walked out the back door fell down thirteen steps and rolled across a retaining wall fell eight more feet knocking herself unconcious.

they rushed her to the hospital where she regained consiousness but upon checking her unborn child no heartbeat was recorded.
the doctors told her she would be fine but the baby would be born dead. subsiquent visits still showed no signs of life in the child.

two months before term mrs. earl went into labor giving birth to a child that she expected to be still born. there was one factor that was not taken into play here. that being that prayers from a devout grandmother had been offered up to God and being an on time God the child was born completely normal except for being a premie.

mrs. earl thinking that her child was going to be born dead had not considered a name for him. his grandmother came into the room and proclaimed the childs name to be lucky. thus lucky boyd earl.

lucky's story went on to tell how he became involved with drugs and later a drug dealer after dropping out of school at an ealy age.
one of his favorite things to do around his home town was to give teenagers drugs to get them started and then sell drugs to them after they got hooked.

his life became a downward spiral of drugs alchol and insomnia. luck would go for days without sleep. on the rare ocasions when he did sleep his dreams were filled with vivid images of death and despair.

one morning after a sleepless night of contemplating suiside lucky walked down the street corner near his home where a crowd had gathered at the scene of a motorcycle accident. the man on the bike had busted his skull and his blood was running across the highway.

this became a moment of truth in luckys life. he thought to himself : " luck you are gonna die".

he went to visit his grandmother and she seeing the wretched spectacle that was him invited him to church as she had done many times before. they were holding a revival service and reluctantly lucky went that very night.

luck sat on the very back pew with his grandmother who usually sat near the front. luck sat back there fighting sleep and boredom when something in the sermon caught his attention. he began to listen intently and as the holy spirit began to move through him.
when the hymm of invitation was given luck was holding on to the back of the pew so hard his knuckles had turned white.

his grandmother looked at him and said:" luck i belive the lord is speaking to you and if you will just make that first step Jesus will walk with you and i will too.

luck steped out into the isle and he recounted that he felt like he floated down to the front where he , his grandmother, and the pastor prayed and the plan of salvation was laid out before him.
luck met the lord that night and his life as never been the same.

luck went home that night crawled into bed and for the first time in months he slept the entire night without the nightmares. when he awoke the next morning lucky he didn't have the cravings for the drugs and the beer. he was in deed a man on fire for God.

that was about ten years ago and now lucky is a lay minister who goes into the prisons all over south carolina to proclaim the word of God.

when he tells his story there is hope given to the hopeless. the last one of the prisons lucky went into had 24 give there life to christ including 2 prison guards.

Yep... his name is lucky....lucky to be alive......lucky to have a God fearing grandmother.......lucky to have the spirit of the lord upon him.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
Last edited by pappy on Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pappy
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Wow, just wow.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HotDog » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:01 am

Thanks for sharing.
Our God is an awesome God.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby pappy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:14 am

i would appreciate your prayers as i have been asked to go into the prisons with lucky to minister to these folks. God is dealing with me on it and i know i need to do it but i have to make the time.

the presence of the lord is on my shoulders like an anvil on this issue and i have made up my mind that i am going to do it but i have to figure out how.

i believe that if you are convicted of a crime then you should do the punishment and i won't sugar coat that but i also believe that everyone should be presented with the love and mercy of Jesus.

my sins are no worse than theirs in the eyes of God and the punishment for sin is Death unless someone takes your place.

Jesus takes our place if we accept him and that is what i want to convey to these men. I know i ramble too much but i do need your prayers.

HOW GREAT IS OUR God!!! :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby HotDog » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Prayers on the way Pappy.
God bless you and Lucky.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby fishn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Great story, Pappy and thanks for sharing it. Maybe his grandma should have named him "Blessed", but maybe we all should be named that. May God bless you and Lucky in the prison ministry and may you both lead others to the Lord. Just FYI, I heard a guy that used to be in a prison ministry talk about this guy that came just to the church meetings in jail just to get out of his cell. Big tough guy, I think he was in for life. I don't remember all the details, but seems like (I hope I am telling this right) the guy would never participate, smile or anything else. Until one night (I about start crying thinking about it), they sang "Jesus Loves Me". And he looked back and that big ol tough guy was crying like a baby. That song he heard with grandma as a kid was how God reached him as a hardened criminial. Maybe you can use this to help melt the hardened hearts of some you may face. Keep the faith, and may bless you and protect you, and may you and Lucky be a modern-day Paul and Silas.
fishn
hunter

Postby pappy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:36 pm

>>>>>me and luck a modern day paul and silas ?<<<<<<

not even close.......but i can wish...... :yes: ......thanks.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality