Guys, my family could use some prayer, too.

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Guys, my family could use some prayer, too.

Postby ILWaterfowler » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:13 am

I don't usually hang out on this board, but I just need to get stuff out and I just feel that I need some help with my family.

Last October(9th I believe) my older brother and his new wife(just married July 28th, 2007) left for Munich because my brother had been given a great job opportunity there. My brother, a chemical engineer at Bayer-Locher, and his wife, a chemist for Proctor and Gamble, couldn't wait for this opportunity to work in a new country and have all of these opportunities and do it as husband and wife. I can't even described how much they love eachother. I really can't. My brother was 30 when he married, which is a long time to find that someone, but he doesn't regret it a bit, I bet. Naturally, while in Europe, they travel all over Europe visiting Paris, Prague, etc., really without a care. They even have plans to go to London for New Year's and then travel Italy in the summer of 2009. Then this happened.

2 days ago(September 17th) my older brother goes to the doctor because he's been sick with what they think is probably a stomach virus. While he is there, he starts feeling worse so they take him in an ambulance to the hospital to get some more intensive treatment. While changing into a pair of Superman pajama pants, my sister-in-law notices bruises all over my brother's legs. That threw in a new element. The doctors then changed their ideas from stomach virus to bacterial meningitis. In the mean time, we are unaware in the U.S. I get a call last night from my mother at about 9 o'clock saying that my older brother is in the hospital and that they think he may have bacterial meningitis. I'm scared at first, but then I think. He's in a hospital where he can get treatment and everything. He'll be ok... fifteen minutes after talking to my mom, my dad calls. They're in two different places right now, so I start talking to him and telling him that mom just called and said that my brother is in the hospital. My dad then informs me that my brother had died.

Now that you know the story, I just ask for support from you guys in my families time of need. I know that you don't know me and you could just as easily tell me to bugger off, but I thought I'd try my chances. This is just so much for my family. 4 years ago my little brother and I were in a car accident and I came out with some glass in my hair. My brother is paralyzed from his elbows down. He and my older brother were very close and he is having a very hard time coping. And my sister-in-law is hysterical. I just ask that you keep my family in your prayers because we could really use the help. I had been spending so much time preparing for my grandparents (all in their 80's) and I just didn't think I'd have to prepare to lose my brother when he was only 31. I still just can't believe it. Any help you guys can give my family in terms of prayers or thoughts just mean the world to us. They really do.
ILWaterfowler
hunter

Postby HotDog » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:10 am

Prayers sent for you and your family.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby pappy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:54 am

i pray that the great lord of hosts sends the holy spirit to comfort you and your family in your hour of need.

God IS GOOD..... ALL THE TIME. :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby raccoon bandit » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:20 am

Prayers for your family..this is a time when you need to turn to God and you did the right thing asking for prayer.
Coot, the other dark meat.....

Sorry, but if I agree with you we will both be wrong....

What if there were no hypothetical situations?
raccoon bandit
hunter

Postby Cephous » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 am

Sent
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby carsonr2 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Keep your head up, prayers sent.
carsonr2
hunter

Postby Remman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Prayers sent!!
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:54 pm

You got it. I don't know what it's like to lose a brother, but with the grace of God you'll pull through.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ILWaterfowler » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:12 am

Thank you for the support guys. I have to say, it isn't just that I lost my brother. It's so many things. I haven't seen him since he got married over a year ago. And he was my friend, too. And I just feel like I got short changed on time so much since I'm only in my twenties...
ILWaterfowler
hunter

Postby fishn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:00 pm

God will carry you thru this...it doesn't mean it will be easy, doesn't mean it won't hurt, but he will carry you thru it. Minister preached this morning about Job and he said "when you stand at the casket of someone that means more to you than anyone else on earth this week, God will be there". Maybe the Holy Spirit led him to say that with you in mind. I know it's true, I lost my 46 year old brother-in-law a little over a year and a half ago, the pain does not go away, the sadness does not leave, I still cry alot, but God carries us all. He will carry you too. Prayer sent up for you all.
fishn
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:31 pm

SENT :thumbsup:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality