when someone dies...

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

when someone dies...

Postby Duckkiller15 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:00 pm

how are you supposed to cope with this? a kid at my school died in a car accident today, drag racing two other kids, the ground was wet and there was wet leaves the car skid and he hit a tree, killing himself. i wasnt close to the kid but just talking to him once and awhile makes an impact on you. that sick feeling in your stomache like your going going to throw up, the way seeing your friends like this when they will never be able to see them again.... how do u deal with this, ik they say guys aren't supposed to cry but how can you help not to
Duckkiller15
hunter

Postby MissSome » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:07 pm

Go ahead and cry. It won't take away the sadness, but will calm the butterflies in your stomach. It's a good release. Talking to a professional will go a long way in helping you. Don't let anybody stigmatize it.
Q
If dogs were people, I'd be a people person.
MissSome
hunter

Postby quackshutr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:55 pm

Nothing wrong with crying about it if it's effecting you that way. Talk about what your feeling with your mom or dad or school councelor or bus driver or grandma.
I had a class mate who died in a car wreck the morning after our class graduated. I was about 30 minutes in front of him on the highway. It is a traumatic thing in a young persons life, talk about it and let the emotions out.............easier on you in the long run.

My condolences and prayers to his family!

Q
Quackshutr
Collinsville, OK
1542 Duracraft Stoeger 2000
Speak now or forever shut the heck up!
quackshutr
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:49 am

I wish there was a simple answer. It would have been a great help. I've lost some friends and close family, from accidents to Iraq, and nothing helps when they are so young. For me, my way out was realizing I needed to enjoy life with the ones I have. I realized how precious life was when I lost my dad when I was a teen. It seems you found it out this way. Love those people that surround you. Build memories to comfort against death. Its the good times I remember that I thrive on now.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:00 am

You keep moving forward. You remember, learn, get angry, get scared, feel low and feel high. You are still living, thank the lord and move on.
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:04 am

Sorry to hear about this. It's not "un-manlike" to cry by any means. There are many ways to cope with a situation like this. I don't know where you stand on spirtuality, but I tend to fall back on God. I've lost a couple close relatives this year, and it's good to know I'll see them again some day. Some people might cope with this by doing seminars on the dangers of drag racing.. Talking to someone to get things off your chest and letting them comfort you is another option. I've always heard the best plan to fall back on is God, family, and friends. Sorry about your loss, you'll be in our prayers.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cuppedup50 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 am

man i know how you feel my senior year of high school my best friend died and i'm still trying to get over it. october 30th will be 3 years. it never leaves you but it will eventually get better with time. he too died in a car accident. its just a little bit rougher when you're that close to somebody.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby pappy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:27 pm

its okay to cry........

the greatest man in the bible cried. the bibles shortest verse......Jesus wept.

i know your feeling..... i lost my dad in january he was 71. it is often easy to ask God why, especially in your case with one so young.

i certainly don't know the answers but i do know in times like that my faith sustains me.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:34 pm

sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you get the chance to talk to your friends and share how you feel about what has happened.
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby PBR Me » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:31 am

I can't add much that's already been said, but I send my condolences.

My step-sister died a few years ago in an accident with a gun. Because of the circumstances it was a closed casket. At the funeral and back at the house it was weird not to see her; I kept expecting her to walk around the corner and join us. Some family events still don't feel quite right without her, but it gets a little better with time.
PBR Me
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:37 am

It is a difficult situation to grasp...having someone you know, even in passing, taken from you at such a young age and in an unnecessary manner. Crying is the best way to release pent up sadness and it is much better to release it than to let it build up.

Time heals all wounds and in time you will get over the sadness and be able to reflect upon the good memories of your friend.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality