Prayer Needed: Accident on Kentucky Lake 1/10/09 @ 1pm

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Prayer Needed: Accident on Kentucky Lake 1/10/09 @ 1pm

Postby phil » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:41 pm

phil
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Somebody posted that up in the Honey Hole. I'll continue praying for the boys safe return. I've taken a dunk in water right after winter and it was cold, but I was close to shore. We can only hope and pray for the best. Where in KY was it? If it was farther south, the water temp shouldn't be too cold. Hopefully there were at least life jackets on the boat.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby phil » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:33 am

I don't know for sure what the water temps are down there or if they had PFD in the boat. One local said the water was very rough today. I've been on that lake when it is rough, unless they had the PFDs on they wouldn't do much good in that churn.

The article stated that the four teenagers were from Mayfield Ky high school and were hunting on Kentucky Lake when thier boat capsized. One boy was found and is in the hospital. The other three are still missing. The search for the other three teens was suspended at dark and will resume at 8:00AM. That is all I know.

I ripped a hole in the bottom and sunk one two years ago. She went down in less than two minutes. I had time to get my PFD on. That's all that saved me, and that is all it took for me. I don't take chances anymore. It's always on when the boat is moving!
phil
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:18 am

Heard any updates?

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby phil » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 am

I just found this article from yesterday:

Three missing after boat overturns

LANCE DENNEE | The Sun

Search and rescue teams set up at the Little Bear Highway boat ramp as they look for three missing duck hunters in Marshall County on Saturday evening. One hunter was pulled from the 47-degree water and a search and rescue effort will resume this morning for the others.
phil
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Hopefully they come out alright.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality