interesting quotes

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

interesting quotes

Postby ctbduck » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:50 pm

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma." - Abraham Lincoln

"I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God." - Thomas Edison

"During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world... The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old conception of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes... In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vase power in the hands of priests." - Albert Einstein

Nonsense from extremely popular and smart people ?
ctbduck
hunter

Re: interesting quotes

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 am

ctbduck wrote:"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma." - Abraham Lincoln

"I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God." - Thomas Edison

"During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world... The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old conception of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes... In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vase power in the hands of priests." - Albert Einstein

Nonsense from extremely popular and smart people ?

Yep.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ghmIV » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Abraham Lincoln wasn't saved when he first came into the White House.

"When I left Springfield (to assume the Presidency) I asked the people to pray for me. I was not a Christian. When I buried my son, the severest trial of my life, I was not a Christian. But when I went to Gettysburg and saw the graves of thousands of our soldiers, I then and there consecrated myself to Christ." Abraham Lincoln 1863.

Read his quotes after 1863.
ghmIV
hunter

Postby OrangeLake » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks for that last post, I found it really interesting.
OrangeLake
hunter

Postby bozeman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 am

Amazing how Christ can change a man......isn't it!
A man is not a fool to give up what he can't keep to gain what he can't lose.
bozeman
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality