Rangefinders?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Rangefinders?

Postby Greenhead329 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:03 am

Hey guys im wanting one for christmas..wanting one for both archery and rifle shooting.
Should I go with a nikon prostaff 550 or a leupold rx750?
Whoever says you can't buy happiness has obviously never owned a lab

?Dos Juevos???... Dos Juevos
Greenhead329
hunter

Re: Rangefinders?

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 pm

I'd get a Bushnell 1000 with ARC, but that's just me. I see no difference in the two brands. You won't get the advertised range on the finder for soft targets. You'll get about half. So on that 1000 you'll get out to 500 yards. The only time they make it their advertised distance is against really big and reflective targets. The ARC does the angle compensation for you which is nice so you don't have to shoot trees with it to get your true horizontal distance. If there comes an instance you don't want ARC you can turn it off.

Now if you want to get out cheap the Nikon 550 is what I have and I like it. It just doesn't have ARC. For 50 bucks more I'd buy the 1000 by Bushnell and get twice the distance and ARC. Just my .02 :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tracker19 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:35 pm

worth the money, my father in-law has one, Nikon i believe
go afeild with a good attitude , with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. it will cleanse your soul and make you a better person-Fred Bear
Tracker19
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 am

Bushnell has horrendous customer service. The worst.

I have the Nikon and like it. Does what I need it to. I agree with Preacher, out to long distances it doesn't work, but I can't hardly shoot anyway, so I only need it out to about 250.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Leica 1200 has the best bang for the buck when longer distances are needed.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 am

My wife bought me the Chuck Adams edition Bushnell range finder. Does 5-800 yards and has ARC our to 99 yds. Even if it can only mark landmarks/trees to 400 yds and actual deer out to 200, that is fine. I bought it mostly for archery,and I've never shot a deer with a rifle past 150 yds. Not a bad value for $250.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:35 am

I own the bushnell 1500 yard arc, it will range a deer out to 1000 yards easyly, plus bullet drops for various rifle/ caliber bullet combinations. love it alot, AS fOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT ,I have always had great luck with them. does ranges for bow hunting also.
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofowlr » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:33 pm

bgoldhunter wrote:Leica 1200 has the best bang for the buck when longer distances are needed.

I picked up the Leica 1200 and used it during elk season. Great rangefinder. The fog messes with the accuracy though.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby C-Hawk19 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 pm

i have a leupold and my brother has a bushnell the leopold has much better optics which makes it clearer and better in low light so i would reccamend it my dad just got into bowhunting and got the leopold because we liked it so much more. leicas are awesome so if you can afford it i would go with one of theirs.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Return to Archery