Beginner Bow

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Beginner Bow

Postby JIMBO89 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:17 pm

Hey guys,

I'm sure this is like buy a gun it's all personal preference, but I need help finding the right bow for me. I've never bow hunted before and I'd like to take it up. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good bow package for a beginner under $500?
JIMBO89
hunter

Re: Beginner Bow

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 pm

You gotta go shoot them. Don't ever buy a bow you haven't shot. That being said, look into PSE. They have some good ones under 500 for a package. The Brute is a nice bow and at bass pro it's decked out for 399. The accessories aren't the best in the world, but you can upgrade as you go (that goes for all packages by the way, except Diamond they come with some nice stuff). The ones on there will at least get you shooting. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BigBend » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:54 pm

If you can, take a look at mission archery they are a division of mathews. Good price and alot of the same technologies minus the roller guards and harmonic dampners. They shoot great too.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby okwaterfowler » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:43 pm

has anyone ever shot a Mission bow? I heard they were really good bows from the article in outdoor life awhile back. Never talk to anyone that shot them.
okwaterfowler
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:11 am

You can get a PSE Bruin at macks for 300 loaded out with everything you need.........well besides arrows broadheads and release
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby BigBend » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:50 pm

okwaterfowler wrote:has anyone ever shot a Mission bow? I heard they were really good bows from the article in outdoor life awhile back. Never talk to anyone that shot them.

Yes. I had all intention of buying a DXT, went to the pro shop and was looking at the Mission Eliminator. Both Cams are the same. I asked to shoot it. I ended up leaving with it and saving money. It has a smooth draw and is very forgiving with a 7 1/4 brace height. Im happy with it.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby headshotz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Bowtech- Vital Impact
headshotz
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:07 pm

I just got my first bow, its a 2010 Bear Charge, complete set-up for $379 at a local shop here in NC, its light, quiet, and fast. definitely a good investment! I was a little hesitant about getting a Bear bc of the color, but the cams are black now instead of green, and there no more orange so im happy :thumbsup:
My wrist deserve a shout out, 'I'm like what up wrist?' My stove deserve a shout out, 'I’m like what up stove?
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby duckschooler » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:39 pm

The Parker Wildfire is a great first bow I have one and will continue to use it until I can upgrade to the Parker Blackhawk. I can't say enough great things about the bow for the price and warranty it is hard to beat. Also with all the new advancements and all the new bows it is hard to find a truly bad one just do a little homework. huntersfriend.com has alot of great information you may even consider looking through the classifieds on dhc there are some quality bows selling in your price range. Also I agree with preach go to a good pro shop and shoot a few dont settle on the first one either.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Return to Archery