My new Passion!

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

My new Passion!

Postby Naturegirl » Tue May 11, 2010 11:32 am

Just went yesterday and picked out a new bow for me. It's a Matthew's Passion. Finally I will have a bow that fits me with arrows that fit the bow and stuff all for me. I've been using my father-in-laws and hubby's hand me downs and just compensating, but since I love archery I figure it is time to invest in a setup just for me!

Can't wait til it gets here in two weeks and then can't wait for my archery deer hunt in August!
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

Re: My new Passion!

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue May 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Congrats!

Post up how it works out for you. I'm not sure my wife is ready to bow hunt yet, but she seems interested in getting into Archery. I figured it would be a good outing together, i.e. go to the range and practice with one another. So let us know how it does.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm

From what I hear they are slick little bows. You will fall in love with bowhunting. Once you put a deer on the ground with a bow you will have almost no desire to pick up a rifle again. Every year I pass up good bucks gunhunting because I think, "I want to get him next year with the bow". Practice, practice,practice, and have fun!
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Naturegirl » Fri May 28, 2010 8:07 am

Just thought I'd give an update. What a difference it makes to have a bow that actually fits me! Unbelievable the difference in my shooting. I absolutely love this bow. I'm practicing all the time. We have a week long deer hunt in August and am looking forward to it.

If any of you have girls/wives/girlfriends that are interested in archery, may I recommend that you buy them equipment that fits them. I used my father-in-laws hand me down bow for the last year and stuck with it even though I knew it didn't fit me and my shooting wasn't so good. After a year I knew I loved archery and wanted to stick with it so I purchased my own bow.

I give high ratings to the Passion. I'm at 55 lbs and will be moving up again soon. My goal is as close to 60 lbs as possible since I bought a 60 lb bow. Just need to keep working the muscles by practicing.
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:34 am

congrats on the new passion (no pun intended). i bought my fiance a pse chaos a couple months ago, she loves it. when she first shot it i had to help her pull it back because her muscles were not trained yet. now she can out shoot me all day long. she is looking forward to her first deer season as well. good luck! :thumbsup:
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Return to Archery