Easton Archery

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Easton Archery

Postby duckschooler » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:09 pm

I loved my easton arrows and I would talk them up anytime, until one broke on me. I shoot the st. axis arrows and it broke about 3-4 inches from the nok while the broadhead and rest of the arrow was fine. I had been shooting all evening and then it happened. I tried to contact easton archery with two different emails including a photo. I haven't heard back and wanted to know if there is anyone affiliated with easton that can make this right. I spent about $10 an arrow and for it to snap like a twig makes me re-think my purchase. Has anyone had a similar experience, or had to contact easton archery and been able to get a response?
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Re: Easton Archery

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Always been a carbon express fan but one thing to do if you don't get a quick reply is find a bow shop your cool with and ask if they'll contact easton for you. If there distributors for them they'll listen more than from some Jo-shmo.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckschooler » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Yeah, I should have thought of that first thanks.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby duckschooler » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Just got a reply from Easton and I don't know what to think. I haven't dealt with any other arrow companies so I don't know if this is a common response.

Dear Consumer,

When you shoot at something other than a standard target you take a 50/50 chance of your arrow breaking. Even if your shooting a carbon express or a gold tip. I'm sorry to hear of that it broke but we don't warranty arrows that don't impact a standard target.

Thank you for your patience in the delayed response. Tech Support is handling all inquiries and questions as quickly and effectively as possible.

Please respond with any more questions or concerns.

Thank You,

Tech Support
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby Wings and Waters » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Not sure if this is too late or not. I am a competitive shooter who shoots Easton arrows, although I am not "on staff" with them as I am with other companies. Carbon arrows are very brittle by nature, despite their overall strength. If you are shooting at a single spot target, you risk having the shafts hitting each other. Usually, not always, when carbon shafts hit one another in the target (especially if you have broadheads on them), they will leave a scratch or nick. This spot instantly becomes a weak point in the shaft (especially if this occurs on the arrow spine) and the risk of failure becomes present. That is why they say to inspect each arrow after every shot. Easton is a great company, with good product, run by good people. They should make it right for you. If they do not, call your local pro shop (sorry, Bass Pro, Cabela's and Sportsmens are not pro shops), tell them what happened and they may be able to take care of it for you. If you have additional questions, feel free to PM me.
Wings and Waters
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Did I miss it or did you leave out how it was broke?
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby duckschooler » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 pm

I was in my backyard shooting and out walked mr. Skunk.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby willthethrill » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:59 pm

I work at an archery shop and I have to say that after every time you shoot your arrows check the shaft. Lots of guys don't even notice a nick or a crack and can shoot an unsafe arrow resulting in some ugly injuries. You may have had a crack and all the force of the bow shooting on the arrow caused it to break. Carbon arrows are extremely fragile, so like I said, always check. Keep shooting though. Easton makes great arrows and equipment.
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."-Robert Ruark
willthethrill
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:54 pm

do your self a favor and get some carbon express arrows and be done with it, ive seen carbon express arrows get shot into a concrete wall straight on at 317fps pick them up give them the flex test a good once over and shoot it again. me and my friend (a carbon express rep.) did this as a test
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby duckschooler » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Yeah I will be giving some other arrow company my business just as soon as the rest of my arrows break.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Return to Archery