Questions about my bow???????

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Questions about my bow???????

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:39 pm

I have a PSE Fitsgerad, I got this bow when I was 14teen and used it some. Its been sitting over ten years and I wanting to know what I need to do to get this bow ready to use again. Iam not much on bow hunting obviously but lately i have been wanting to get into it. My neighbor said that its not a youth bow. and it is hard to pull back, like it has a good draw. Im just wanting to know if it would be safe to use???????
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Re: Questions about my bow???????

Postby Bandit29 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:25 pm

A bow that old will certainly need new strings and cables to be safe, especially if it has been sitting and you haven't kept the strings waxed. Take it to your local archery shop and they should be able to hook you up. They should do a complete check of the bow when you tell them thats its been sitting for that long, but then again I'm sure they may try to sell you a new one. Be sure to take a good luck at the cams/wheels and all screws/bolts on the bow. Good Luck.
Bandit29
hunter

Postby bob409 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:54 pm

how old is the pse bow? if it was me owning that pse bow, i be putting on a new draw string and wax the drawstring..... :wink:
bob409
hunter

Postby jberg440 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Make sure the limbs arnt cracked, and no strands in the string are frayed throw a coat of wax on the string, than set that thing up as a bow fishin rig! Yes 10+ yr old bows will kill stuff but they work much better chasin gar, carp, and suckers!
The man banging on the door kept yelling "Alcohol, Tobbaco, and Firearms!" I just assumed it was more supplies.
jberg440
hunter

Return to Archery