? on adjusting new bow

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

? on adjusting new bow

Postby fowlhunter » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:24 pm

I'm planning on getting a ready to hunt pse stinger from cabelas, but I want to order it online. How hard is it to adjust the draw length and arrow length? I be at cabelas in about a month, but I don't want to loose that month of practicing before season in October. Let me know what you think.
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Re: ? on adjusting new bow

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:21 pm

probaly need a bow press to chnge the mod out for a diffrent draw leingth or take the pressure off the cam to adjust it.

for the arrows, just need an arrow saw then prep them and glue in inserts and wait a good day or so
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby meathead » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:56 pm

You'll need a bow press to take tension off the cams and make length adjusments, but you should be able to accurately measure your draw length with a tape measure and order the bow set to the correct length. There are a couple different ways to do it - here is a link to one

http://www.bowbargains.com/Measuring-Bow-Draw-Length

and another link with some average charts

http://www.bowproshop.com/measure-draw-length.html

You can also stand in your shooting stance with your fist against a wall and measure from wall to anchor point, but when you are just starting out there are so many variables in your form that you could end up changing your stance a bit and finding you measured an inch off. I'd go with the wingspan divided by 2.5 technique, it is generally verry accurate.

As far as arrows go, you can cut them yourself like has been said, but you need to buy an arrow saw. Any proshop should be able to cut them and set them up for you - and generally do it at no additional charge if you buy the arrows from them.

Good luck man, I'll be starting my first bow season in September with the same bow. I've been shooting with it for a couple months and it has been great so far. Hope it all goes well for you. :beer:
meathead
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:50 pm

i have never done it, but PSE advertises that there is no bow press needed to adjust draw length.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby carolinagreenhead » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Simply put...if you don't know what your doing then either go to Cabelas or go to your local pro shop and have them help you. This is an easy task IF you know what your doing. If not then it's not hard to get yourself hurt when the string slaps you in the face.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Return to Archery