What model Matthews is this?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

What model Matthews is this?

Postby bthompson1999 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:44 am

Been in the market for a "new" bow. Found this one online. Has it listed at Matthews 85lb bow. I know this isnt possible. Assuming whoever posted it couldn't read the draw weight right. Assuming it is a 65lb draw. Hoping to jump on it if it is a deal. Can anyone identify the model of the bow just by looking at it? Was purchased in 08.

!BzjNiLwBWk~$(KGrHqF,!h8Ew5OtIwq9BMWgsuFd(g~~_35.jpg
!BzjNiLwBWk~$(KGrHqF,!h8Ew5OtIwq9BMWgsuFd(g~~_35.jpg (7.03 KiB) Viewed 730 times

Any help would be great.
BAT
bthompson1999
hunter

Re: What model Matthews is this?

Postby TBottai » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:26 pm

I belive it is the switchback. If I could have found a new switchback xt last year Iwould have jumped on it before I got my DXT.
Tough times dont last. Tough people do.

2010 Ducks Shot

Who Cares

Team: Wait this ain't a team sport.
TBottai
hunter

Postby bthompson1999 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:06 am

Yea that is what I thought it was.I did juts pick up a Switchback XT from a guy who was getting ready to take it into consignment. It was a Demo bow, so it has the Switchback Challenge written on it. It was fully loaded with arrows and quiver. He also had a Drenalin loaded, but between the two I really enjoyed the SWXT. Can't wait for Sept 15...
BAT
bthompson1999
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 pm

If it has 2 harmonic dampers in the cable roller, it is a swithback. They came out in 2005 and that looks like the switchback cam on the bottom. I have one of these and it is awesome. How much is the asking price? If it was purchased in 08, either it was bought from someone or it was old stock. They quit making the Switchback in 07. As far as being 85 lbs, it could have been a custom bow that a previous owner had ordered for some specific reason. I have heard of people going on hunts in Africa and special ordering bows with a heavier draw weight for hunting the dangerous game there.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:56 am

That looks like a S2 to me and those WERE made in 2008. This was not one of the frontrunner bows, in other words it was not one advertised a lot. But it is a solid bow. Just has a few less features. As far as 85 pounds, it is possible. Airbrorne is right. You can order special 'Safari' limbs from Mathews.
--Hunters don't care about nature, but loony animal activists who've never been outside of San Francisco do??!!
--Hipocrisy: People against hunting, but who don't have a problem buying new condos built on previous wetland habitat.
---RIP-Woody-1/26/2010--
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Return to Archery