Mathews Mission Eliminator 2 vs Ross Carnivore

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Mathews Mission Eliminator 2 vs Ross Carnivore

Postby FloridaFowler » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:38 pm

I've narrowed my bow purchase down to these two. Pros, cons, thoughts?
FloridaFowler
hunter

Re: Mathews Mission Eliminator 2 vs Ross Carnivore

Postby jimmyjohn13 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:05 pm

I've never shot the Ross but I have the Eliminator and I love it. It is smooth, flat shooting, and quiet.
jimmyjohn13
hunter

Postby FloridaFowler » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Well, thanks for your advice. I was picking up the Mathews on a gun trade-in. Met with the dealer and worked out the details yesterday. Went to the shop today to make the trade, and he told me he changed his mind. Because of the forums rules against profanity, you won't get to hear how I truly feel about this guy. He doesn't know it, but he's ticked off the wrong guy. He'll never get another dime from me, and hopefully not from anyone who asks my opinion of him and his business.
FloridaFowler
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 pm

i dont feel all that bad for you, you got the mathews. sad. the Ross is a much better bow IMO ive shot a cupple diffrent Ross' and i was happy with all of them and they just felt great in my hands, also shot spot on!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby FloridaFowler » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:13 am

2500hdon37s wrote:i dont feel all that bad for you, you got the mathews. sad. the Ross is a much better bow IMO ive shot a cupple diffrent Ross' and i was happy with all of them and they just felt great in my hands, also shot spot on!

Work on your reading skills, guy. I didn't get ANY bow. The dealer backed out of the trade.
FloridaFowler
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:37 pm

FloridaFowler wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:i dont feel all that bad for you, you got the mathews. sad. the Ross is a much better bow IMO ive shot a cupple diffrent Ross' and i was happy with all of them and they just felt great in my hands, also shot spot on!

Work on your reading skills, guy. I didn't get ANY bow. The dealer backed out of the trade.

sorry, i thought you went ahead and got the bow. but i suggest you into diffrent bows than mathews, they realy arent made out to be how they are all talked up, lots of hand shock and LOUD

2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby FloridaFowler » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm

I ended up picking up a new 2009 Ross Carnivore at a great price. From what I've heard and read, it appears Bowtech is the way to go, and having shot a few, I agree.
FloridaFowler
hunter

Postby Bowjunkie76 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:44 am

Just an FYI, I have shot for Bowtech for years and I actually shot the Carnivore for a year. IT is a great bow and I cant take anything from it. Really liked it BUT Ross is no longer apart of Bowtech. From my understanding Bowtech helped design and build the Carnivore but Andy Ross and Bowtech had a falling out and the parted ways. Ross is making another comeback and looks to be doing some good. Just thought you would like to know.

Later Junkie
2011 season
Geese - 6
Woodies -2
Blue wing teal - 1
Bowjunkie76
hunter

Postby newguy16 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:54 am

i would go with a mathews the only ones that dont like them have never shout them and i think it bets bowtech hands down :umm:
newguy16
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:42 pm

newguy16 wrote:i would go with a mathews the only ones that dont like them have never shout them and i think it bets bowtech hands down :umm:

HAHA wow. your funny, i dont shoot mathews or bowtech but i have shot both and i dont like mathews at all and not a big fan of bow tech either but id suggest bow tech over mathews any day. ive been to a few 3d archery shoots and have yet to see a mathews in the top 5 of any of them, at the last one it was Bear, Elite, Bear, Quest, and PSE

you also shoot rage broad heads so, i cant wait to see the look on your face when you see that moster get away because your junky broad head didnt open. :thumbsup:

2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby deerkiller2347 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 pm

i have the eliminator 2 and it is amazing shoots great and is smooth!!!
deerkiller2347
Newb

Return to Archery