Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hang-on Treestand

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  2500hdon37s 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a hang-on treestand that has medium comfort and under $130. I dont want millenium, lone wolf, etc. so let's not go into those way over-priced money pits.

So I need some input. Leaning towards Gorilla. But I'm open to anything

What it needs:
Easy to hang. I move it about 5-10 times a season
Quiet
Lightweight. I hunt public land and have to walk-in

#2 ·
Have you checked out Amacker tree stands? I bought one about ten years ago and it's still going srong. I don't know what model I have, it weighs 13 lbs. Their web site only shows one hang on model at 15 lbs. Good luck in your search and purchase.

Also under your price range.

#3 ·
Check out the sportsmans guide, they have a bunch of inhouse brand treestands. You could buy a ladder stand under $130 and ladder stands cant be beat for comfort in my opinion. I bought 4 of the cheapest hang ons and they are alright as long as I find a tree that bends back a little. The platforms aren't very big but I am able to hunt 4 different spots for $120 so I cant complain too much also I bought a tree seat to sit in which makes it a little more comfortable. I really like the sound of thier Extreme comfort stand for $60 also the climbing stick package looks good 20' for $40.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/brow ... aspx?c=120

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.