Duck Hunting Forum banner

Bow?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  jacob321 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a good parallel limb bow. I have two older style bows, you know the kind that have no let off, which aren't really conducive for hunting these days. My question is what is your favorite bow company?

Mathews
Hoyt
PSE
Bear
Limbsaver
Bow Tech
Diamond
etc

#2 ·
I am a Mathews guy myself. My suggestion for you though is to go to eevry archery shop you can find and shoot every bow you can get you hands on to find one that fits you and that is in your bugdet.

#3 ·
Ya I have full intentions of doing just that I was just trying to get a sense of what real hunters are using and why.

#4 ·
Just like airborne said try out as many bows as you can to try to find the one that fits you best. There are so many great bows on the market today that it is truly hard to go wrong. I know this isn't what you want to hear but it is the truth it seems every manufacturer has great bows (Pearson, High country, Alpine, Elite Archery, Darton, Parker, Martin to name a few). I shoot a Parker Wildfire I chose it cause it was cost effective, if I had a larger budget you could bet I would have bought a Mathews. I hear people talk up thier favorite line of bows and Mathews seems to always come up. I know countless of people that shoot mathews and I've shot the discontinued DXT and the new z7 and they are great bows but I dont feel I could justify the price tag when there are so many other great bows. I dont need the 350+ arrow speed or the sweetest cosmetics so you can already see my budget shrink. I have known guys that have shot Mathews for awhile and they recently have switched to bowtech and I've seen just the opposite. If you wanted you could really save a ton of money and buy a used bow and you can get a 2-3 old Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, or PSE for almost half of the new bows on their lines. I hope this helps but I feel I'm just making that decision harder.

#7 ·
I shoot a Hoyt Alphamax and love it! Its fits me perfectly with a 29in draw @ 70lbs and is alot of fun to shoot. Everyone has their favorite bow and reasons for shooting it...IMO, make has alot less to do with it than "fit". I shot a Bear for along time and loved it also. I "upgraded" to the Hoyt because of its speed, smoothness and quiet shots. Plus its hard to find a tougher bow...you could pound nails w/ it and then drive tacks! :thumbsup:

#8 ·
buckshot312000 said:
I shoot a Hoyt Alphamax and love it! Its fits me perfectly with a 29in draw @ 70lbs and is alot of fun to shoot. Everyone has their favorite bow and reasons for shooting it...IMO, make has alot less to do with it than "fit". I shot a Bear for along time and loved it also. I "upgraded" to the Hoyt because of its speed, smoothness and quiet shots. Plus its hard to find a tougher bow...you could pound nails w/ it and then drive tacks!
I like that description I'd never heard that before. Pound nails then drive tacks I really really like that. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.