Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech

Postby GeorgiaDuckBuster » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Which of these companies have better bows? I'm thinking of getting one from these companies so lets hear what ya got, please.
"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." - Theodore Roosevelt
"Support Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl, without them we wouldn't have waterfowl to hunt." - Myself
GeorgiaDuckBuster
hunter

Re: Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech

Postby chinogoose » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:08 am

Best thing to do is go and shoot as many bows as you can and pick the one that feel right to you. I shot a Hoyt but out of all of the bows this one felt right for me. Good luck :thumbsup: hope you get one soon cause Turkey will open in 10 day's :yes:

Sorry just read your other post. I dont have any info on Bowtech but Hoyt has been good to me and my buddy shoots a Mathews and has had good luck with there costumer service. :beer:
chinogoose
hunter

Postby kjm1022 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 am

I also have a Hoyt, but honestly, they are all great companies that make high quality stuff. Best thing to do is go and shoot all three and see which one is best for YOU. People ask these questions all the time about which gun or which bow? Its such a personal decision as to which one is best for you. As long as what you are looking at and comparing is quality stuff, you can't make a bad decision. :wink:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 am

Have you also looked at Bear and Quest bows?

but im sure some upitdy somebody that rides mathews **** will chime on how good they are and how fast they are, all they have is speed and lots of hand shock. honestly i cant stand to shoot mathews or the type of people who shoot them.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Go to the shop, pick out a line up of bows and shoot every single one. My suggestion is dont worry about aiming or anything. Just shoot into a big foam block 6 feet away, most archery shops have a set up like this. Shoot every bow with your eyes closed so you can really feel how it shoots. Buy the one that feels the best. It should be a mathews or a bowtech. Also don't rule out a model that is a year or two old. You can often get them at near half the price of a new model and the difference is almost nothing. We've reached a point of diminishing returns with archery. The new stuff just isnt that much better than bow made within the last 6 six years to justify spending megabucks. Good luck.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby duckhunt4life81 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:12 pm

i shoot a bowtech tribute and have no complaints treats me awesome
870 supermag 887 supermag
Duck slayer
BOWTECH
duckhunt4life81
hunter

Postby FloridaFowler » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:14 am

2500hdon37s wrote:Have you also looked at Bear and Quest bows?

but im sure some upitdy somebody that rides mathews **** will chime on how good they are and how fast they are, all they have is speed and lots of hand shock. honestly i cant stand to shoot mathews or the type of people who shoot them.

:lol:

Wow, not to generalize or anything :fingerpt: :no: . The most consistent response you hear when someone asks a question like this on an online forum is to shoot as many as you can and pick the one you like. Some people might actually like Mathews. To each their own. Relax.

Personally, I shoot a Ross for now, but I've heard a lot of people rave about the PSEs to come out in the last couple of years, so if you can shoot those, they might be worth a try. My buddies shoot mostly Bowtech and swear by them, others will tell you they're junk. There's a lot of ridiculous brand loyalty, founded and unfounded, so shoot a lot and see what you look best for your price range. Good luck....it can be a tough decision.
FloridaFowler
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:18 pm

FloridaFowler wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:Have you also looked at Bear and Quest bows?

:lol:

Wow, not to generalize or anything :fingerpt: :no: . The most consistent response you hear when someone asks a question like this on an online forum is to shoot as many as you can and pick the one you like. Some people might actually like Mathews. To each their own. Relax.

Personally, I shoot a Ross for now, but I've heard a lot of people rave about the PSEs to come out in the last couple of years, so if you can shoot those, they might be worth a try. My buddies shoot mostly Bowtech and swear by them, others will tell you they're junk. There's a lot of ridiculous brand loyalty, founded and unfounded, so shoot a lot and see what you look best for your price range. Good luck....it can be a tough decision.

havent met a person that shoots mathews that i like, a bunch of upidty pricks if ya ask me. out of over 25 people who shoot every tuesday night one shoots a mathews in our group, and he looks down on every body else like he is better than everybody and gets upset when somebody picks up his bow to take a look at what hes shooting.

2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby FloridaFowler » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:41 am

quote]
havent met a person that shoots mathews that i like, a bunch of upidty pricks if ya ask me. out of over 25 people who shoot every tuesday night one shoots a mathews in our group, and he looks down on every body else like he is better than everybody and gets upset when somebody picks up his bow to take a look at what hes shooting.[/quote]

Maybe that guy would be a jerk regardless of what he shot. Way to generalize thousands based on one guy. By that token and this conversation, I could say that everyone on this forum is a moron. I know a bunch of guys that shoot them, not one is "uppity". A prick, maybe, but that has nothing to do with their bow. :yes:
FloridaFowler
hunter

Postby fowlprk » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 am

I shoot a matthews and yes i do love it. However i have shot hoyts, pse's, bowtechs, bears, diamonds and i like my matthews better. However Hoyt is kinda setting the bar right now and i would love to have a hoyt and a matthews. I used to be a diahard martin fan but after shooting my matthews there is no comparison. Also my buddies shot, hoyt, diamonds, bears and pse. They all tell me that the DXT i have shoots better then either of theirs. So bash all you want... this matthews fan (****) will outshoot you anyday you want. :hi: :hi:
Im working 2 jobs so you never have to work 1.
fowlprk
hunter

Postby mnobles23 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Everyone will have their likes/dislikes about each, but when it really comes down to it, all three companies make great bows.

Everyone always wants a definitive answer when they ask this question, whether it be about shotguns or bows. There is no definitive answer. Get what fits you best and go with that. You can have the best bow in the world, but if it doesn't fit you right you won't be able to shoot up to par.
mnobles23
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:17 pm

fowlprk wrote:I shoot a matthews and yes i do love it. However i have shot hoyts, pse's, bowtechs, bears, diamonds and i like my matthews better. However Hoyt is kinda setting the bar right now and i would love to have a hoyt and a matthews. I used to be a diahard martin fan but after shooting my matthews there is no comparison. Also my buddies shot, hoyt, diamonds, bears and pse. They all tell me that the DXT i have shoots better then either of theirs. So bash all you want... this matthews fan (****) will outshoot you anyday you want. :hi: :hi:

HA there ya go boys classic example. Thinks he can out shoot everybody because of his bow.

I have not seen you shoot, nor will I ever. So I'm not gonna get involved in that pissing match. But by my own standards I see my self as an ok shooter with what I shoot, I know I'm not the best and that I can always improve, sure I've had a few lucky robin hoods and knock busters as well as cutting a few vanes but in no way am I saying that you haven't or can't. Just stating my personal opinion about what I've seen. But I bet you money you can find a bow that you like equaly as well. I've shot my fair share of bows too, oh and Bowtech make Diamond so basicly the same tecnologys in the bows. I've shot bowtech, pse, Bear, mathews, alpine, darton, bownings, ross, hoyt, and elites. And right now the one I like the best (in my price range as well) are the bear charge, and quest hammer they also have some of thelowest hand shock, some if the faster ones, quieter, and the grip feels more comturble to me. Don't feel like I'm holding a brick or a stump, but if I had more money to spend I'd be looking into a black ice by bowtech/diamond my brother has one and it feels amazing!

2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby shawdawg02 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm

They are all good bows, I just bought a Strothers. It felt better then any of the others so that is what I got. It is amazing and I am shooting farther and more accurate than any other bow I have owned. If you can find a dealer close it would be worth your time to check one out. :beer:
shawdawg02
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 pm

I usuall don't chime in all the postings here like I should but i will on this one- for calling any one who shoots a mathews a **** or whatever is just plain not right. I shot martins and bears for over 25 years and just got a mathews so I guess I am a jerk or **** now. I have but one thing to say and that is anyone who shoots a bow/hunts with a bow belongs to a special family so lets treat each other like family members we like ok. As a side note, don't forget to look at martin archery, great bow company I would have got another one but no one had any martins in stock, and my string broke causing my limbs to blow up during the season so i had to scramble to get a bow and ended up with a mathews z7.
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Coleman24 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:00 pm

I have a Mathews, and since wouldn't get anything different. treated me good. But best to go and shoot all of them and feel which feels best to you! another pretty nice bow is a Darton :thumbsup:
Coleman24
hunter

Postby NHDrake » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:17 pm

I had that problem last year. It was between the Mathews and the Hoyt. I shot them many times on many different occasions. I ended up getting the Hoyt Maxxis 35. But I almost bought the Mathews z7. Both are great bows but It just comes done to which one feels better.
NHDrake
hunter

Postby flatbottom mudslinger » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:04 pm

It changes every year..who has the best bow. 5 years ago when i got my Archery Research AR-34 it couldn't be beat (as far as I was concerned). I have always liked Hoyt, as a matter of fact I got my eye on two new ones right now, one for me and one for the o' lady. I know PSE makes great stuff but I'm not sold on they're designs. The few parallel bows they make have too short of limbs IMO. Bowtech is another good choice, So is Darton. As far as Mathews...well...I have a "piss on Mathews" decal in the back window of my truck. If you're gonna spend $800 on a bow, get an $800 bow, not a $300 piece of over advertised junk. These guys on here all say shoot em and pick the one that feels the best. They're all gonna feel great, they're all gonna shoot great, they're all about the same money (except the new Hoyt carbon riser bows, oh those things are BAD!), I would pick a company that's been around a long time and a company that DOMINATES the target shooting world, I would pick Hoyt.
treat every situation like a dog. If you cant eat it or hump it just piss on it and walk away
flatbottom mudslinger
hunter

Postby TBottai » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Like most have stated all three of those companies make good bows. I have owned Bear, Bowtech, and Mathews bows. Love my Mathews DXT. I hear that makes me a douchebag but what can I say I like it. Dont be scared to try other brands. I have heard alot of good things about Elite bows. Good luck.
Tough times dont last. Tough people do.

2010 Ducks Shot

Who Cares

Team: Wait this ain't a team sport.
TBottai
hunter

Postby dukzilla » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Agree with most all the other posts. Go shoot'em all. I bought my first bow last year and started out researching bows online first. To be fair to Mathews, since this was to be my first bow and I didn't want to spend $900 on just the bow, I never shot a Mathews. I did shoot alot of bows and really liked the Bowtech Assasian...until I shot a Hoyt Rampage XT. For me it was night and day smoother and felt more balanced in my hands than any of the other bows. I ended up buying the Hoyt XT and decked it out with a QAD ultra rest, Spot Hogg 5 pin Hunter sight, Tight Spot quiver and a 6" Axiom stabilizer...and it shoots like a dream! One of these days I'll go shoot a Mathews, but not until I'm prepared to drop some cash...just in case.
dukzilla
hunter

Postby dukzilla » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Wow! Just noticed the Archery forum doesn't get a whole lot of traffic...this is a really old post.
dukzilla
hunter

Postby MaineHunter » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm

These guys that are calling the guys that shoot Mathews bows are just a big of a clown themselves. I shoot a Mathews z7extreme personally. I have shot bows from every manufacturer, g5, elite, hoyt, bowtech, pse, bear, etc. etc. and I can honestly say the Mathews is the smoothest shooting bows I've ever shot. Guess that makes me an idiot though.

Like everyone else said, shoot as many setups as you can and buy what feels good for you!
MaineHunter
hunter

Postby duckschooler » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Know several guys with mathews bows. Older MQ1, DXT, Z7 then I know a couple guys that shoot Hoyts. Several people are going to bowtech around the hometown and my next bow will be a bowtech.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby Welshman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:23 am

I would say, Shoot as many as you can. Then you can see which one fills good. I OWN a BROWNING, MATTHEWS,But the one that fix me the best is my low end PSE.
Y Cymro Gwehyddu
Welshman
hunter

Postby DanJeffandJack » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 am

Bill Herian wrote:Go to the shop, pick out a line up of bows and shoot every single one. My suggestion is dont worry about aiming or anything. Just shoot into a big foam block 6 feet away, most archery shops have a set up like this. Shoot every bow with your eyes closed so you can really feel how it shoots. Buy the one that feels the best. It should be a mathews or a bowtech. Also don't rule out a model that is a year or two old. You can often get them at near half the price of a new model and the difference is almost nothing. We've reached a point of diminishing returns with archery. The new stuff just isnt that much better than bow made within the last 6 six years to justify spending megabucks. Good luck.

Haha, this is what I did walked into the shop and shot every single bow down the line. didnt look at price, manufacturer or model year.

In my opinion the clear winner was a mathews Heli-m.

Athough, those new Hoyts are dirty.
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
DanJeffandJack
hunter

Postby slamdown11 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:50 am

GeorgiaDuckBuster wrote:Which of these companies have better bows? I'm thinking of getting one from these companies so lets hear what ya got, please.

That's a tough question. I shoot a Mathews Mcpherson MR 6. Fast bow, comfortable, very accurate....but a little on the heavy side. My friend shoots a bowtech. Nice bow. Fast and accurate. A little lighter. To be honest, once you get up to the $1,000 range, there doesn't seem to be too much difference from what I've seen. They all shoot about the same speed, same noise quality, same accuracy, weight, feel, etc.

Try some out, but you really can't go wrong with Mathews or bowtech.
slamdown11
hunter

Next

Return to Archery