Decent Deer Target

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Decent Deer Target

Postby duckschooler » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:41 pm

I've been doing a little looking for a new target and I'd like to get a 3d but every target I've seen has problems (price, size, bad reviews). I was wondering what experiences you guys have had with any deer targets. I'd spend up to $150 if it had the durability to last for a couple years.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Re: Decent Deer Target

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm

I've had a GlenDel buck for a few years. It was ok. I wouldnt really recommend or discourage someone from buying it as its the only 3d ive ever owned. It has aluminum running along the edges which has messed up some of my broadheads. Didnt think too much of that feature. At first I took good care of it and dragged it back into the ched when I was done. Last year it sat out for awhile and now it looks pretty worn.

I would say go someplace with a big indoor 3d range and shoot their targets and see which ones you like.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:21 am

get a Rhinehart! they are awesome! they have a self healing foam that works great, makes it a lil hard to get arrows out, but they last for years! after all they are able to garentee the 18-1 target for a year that you cant wear it out, me and my friend tried WITH BROAD HEADS to wear it out, we didnt even get 1/2 of it worn out in a year of shooting almost every day!
you cant go wrong with one, and the bow hunter buck can be had for around $175 and it will last longer so you'll be saving money.

(I also shoot the R-100, a 100 target 3d shoot put on by Rinehart)
this shows you that I belive in Rinehart targets-
Last edited by 2500hdon37s on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby duckschooler » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 am

Yeah I actually have an 18-1 and like it but I'd really like a 3-d. That rinehart buck target would probably last but if arrow removal is anything like the 18-1 I don't think I'd buy it. Pulling arrows out of that 18-1 makes me shoot about 2 dozen less arrows 'cuz I just dread having to pull those suckers out. I've heard that almost all 3-d's have more difficult arrow removal but there has to be some middle ground between a rinehart and a bag.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:03 pm

here is what I use when I go to 3d shoots, Woody's arrow lube, it works wonders! and lasts atleast a doz shots.
http://www.bowhunting.com/shopping/Prod ... _4490.aspx
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby duckschooler » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks for the link don I'll definitely have to give that a try. The weather looks like its going to turn and I'll prolly start shooting again.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Return to Archery