Darton

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Darton

Postby duckkillerclyde » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:23 am

this is what I have now http://www.fsdiscountarchery.com/browse ... -AS50.html

looking to start shooting waterfowl with an arrow. On my current bow it has a very short axle to axle 32''. Not sure the purpose of this advantage/disadvantage. What does that do?

Does anyone else shoot a Darton?
valley waterfowlers
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Re: Darton

Postby Coleman24 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:17 pm

are you asking what it does to have shorter length from axel to axel? well it makes it closer to a 90 degree angel and therefore is helping make it faster, and is smaller, which for hunting is nicer toting around. and someone can correct me if I am wrong, and correct me if that isn't your question. Hope I answered it for ya.

And Darton are real nice bows. I shoot a Mathews and love the bow, but if I were ever to shoot anything different it would be without a doubt a Darton. Family owns an archery shop and almost all of them shoot Darton, they are just smooth and very fast bows.
Coleman24
hunter

Postby duckkillerclyde » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:26 pm

shooting waterfowl;
would blunts be what I should use? not sure if they are called blunts but I am talking about the tip that looks similar to an eraser on a pencil. I can't shoot broad heads for fear of my dog cutting his mouth. I also worry about shooting regular target tips.

What kind of arrow? do carbon arrows float? seems like my arrows cost $10 or so each. I don't plan on mastering this right away. how would one go about picking up their arrows?
valley waterfowlers
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:12 am

I've only heard of poeple doing this in fields. Doing it over open water sounds dangerous and expensive.

Look into flu-flu arrows. They have big gay looking fletching like in cartoons. This slows the arrow so it dosent go as far and makes arrows retrievable.

Found a pic for you. Yes they look slightly homosexual but unless you can afford a couple dozen arrows every time you go out this is what you need. Bright fletching makes finding them easier.

I would find a small patch of flooded field, some place where you know where the ducks are going to try and land. Puddle ducks are also slower and possible to hit. If you can knock down fast ducks with a bow you should be shooting in competitions and making lots of money.

Good luck, i'll stick with my shotgun :hi:
Bill Herian
hunter

Return to Archery