Is a FETA bow traditional?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Is a FETA bow traditional?

Postby rhyanca » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:11 am

Hi guys,
I am hosting a traditional archery shoot for my local archery club, and we have been in a bit of a disagreement. I, along with other traditional shooters, believe that longbows and recurves are traditional, but once you slap a sight on it, such as the bows used in the olympics, the bow is no longer traditional. One of the other board members teaches olympic archery, and believes that even with a sight, a recurve is still traditional. Let me know what you guys think.
shoot-n-goose wrote:
pgquackstacker wrote:If one of those little weirdos seriously hit me you better believe I would punt the hell outta them.

The only way one could seriously hit you is in the nads. You'd be rolling on the ground while the little gremlin waddles off down the yellow brick road
rhyanca
hunter

Re: Is a FETA bow traditional?

Postby Bill Herian » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 am

I would draw the line right where you do. If you allow sights than what can you prohibit?

Your the host, you make the call, I think you got it right.
Bill Herian
hunter

Re: Is a FETA bow traditional?

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Bill Herian wrote:I would draw the line right where you do. If you allow sights than what can you prohibit?

Your the host, you make the call, I think you got it right.

:ditto:
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Return to Archery